Manager Planning and Investments Supervisor
Jobs at:Electricity Regulatory Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 07 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director Technical Regulation Contract Length: 5 Years
Job Purpose: Determine and ensure implementation of the short? and long?term investments in the Distribution and Transmission Networks to meet the needs of the Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) of Uganda and ensure proper interconnection within the region.
• Lead the activities of the System Planning and Coordination Committee.
• Prepare Power System Computer Models, perform Power System Simulations and advise Management on the Power System requirements, from
o Generation, Transmission to Distribution (for both on?grid and off? grid). Determine and monitor the Loss Trajectories and the associated investments for Transmission and Distribution Licensees.
• Lead the Technical Review of Investment Plan Applications for the Transmission and Distribution Networks, to ensure a harmonized power system network rollout in order to provide a robust grid infrastructure, to cope with the national demand requirements and regional obligations.
• Provide technical review on the Tariff Application for Distribution and Transmission, in respect to the investment requirements.
• Monitor the implementation of ongoing projects by the Distribution utilities and the Transmission Company.
• Undertake the technical verification of completed grid investments by licensees, to confirm compliance with standards, quality of works and to ensure value for money.
• Maintain a database on implemented projects/investments in the Distribution and Transmission segments of the Sector.
• Carry out research and make comparative analyses of technologies deployed on the network by licensees, to provide assurance to Management on appropriateness of implemented solution in light of technical capability and cost.
• Determine the network status on a quarterly basis and advise Management on the necessary investments to cope with Quality of Supply and Quality of Service needs in line with the ERA regulations from an investment viewpoint.
• Carry out risk assessment associated with investments from a technical viewpoint and develop appropriate mitigation.
• Participate in Sector activities and Working Groups, as well as Technical Committee on standards development.
• Develop and update Benchmarks for Transmission and distribution construction costs.
• Review and revise technical rules, policies and guidelines for network investment and planning.
• Supervise, appraise, mentor, develop and train staff in the Planning and Investment Unit.
• Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• An Honors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• A Registered Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board.
• At least five years of relevant working experience in a Technical/ Engineering environment of an Electricity Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Sales Utility or comparable organization at a Senior Management level.
• Should be 30 years of age and above but less than 45 years of age.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Visit (www.pilaconsultants.com) to download andread full job descriptions. If you believe you have the relevant qualificationsand experience, please send your detailedApplication and CV demonstrating possession ofthe relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email [email protected] ; not later than 5.00pm. 7th April, 2023 quoting the position ofinterest in the subject line.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PILA Consultants Ltd
Partners in Learning and Action Consultants
Plot 648, Nanfumbambi RoadKikoni, Makerere West
P. O. Box 9092 Kampala?Uganda,
E?mail: [email protected]