Financial Analyst Supervisor
Jobs at:Electricity Regulatory Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 07 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manager Regulatory Finance Contract Length: 5 Years Job Purpose
Analyze the performance of the licensee’s vis a vis the assumptions embedded in thetariffs and to analyze financial viability of the licensees and validate financial claims through effective reconciliations.
• Responsible for monitoring and reviewing financial performance of licensee’s visa vise assumptions embedded in the tariffs approved by the Authority
• Undertake the review and analysis of investment plans and conduct the verification of investments undertaken by licensees.
• Review and evaluate financial feasibility studies submitted by the intending developers on their financial ability to undertake the submitted projects.
• ReviewtheauditedfinancialstatementsofLicenseesvis a vistheassumptionsembeddedinthe tariffs approved by theAuthority.
• Undertake sector financial as well as value for money audits of licensee’soperations.
• Review compliance reports submitted by licensees and enforce compliance to the Act, Regulations and the Licenseconditions.
• Undertake a review of UEB successor budgets and monitor the Licensee’s performance on approved budgets.
• Contribute to the production of the periodic sector performancereports.
• Develop and maintain an investment verification data base and ensure it’s up todate.
• Train licensees and follow them up on the implementation of Uniform System of Accounts (USoA).
• Undertake regular update and benchmarking of costs used in the determination of appropriate investmentplans.
• Evaluate and advise on the sector investment requirements and quantify the impact on the tariffpath.
• Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience
• An Honours University Degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting), Business Administration (Finance/Accounting), Finance and Accounting or Financial Economics.
• Minimum of level II for professional Qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CFA
• Must have at least Three (3) Years of relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
• Should be 35years of age and below
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Visit (www.pila?consultants.com) to download andread full job descriptions. If you believe you have the relevant qualificationsand experience, please send your detailedApplication and CV demonstrating possession ofthe relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email [email protected] ; not later than 5.00pm. 7th April, 2023 quoting the position ofinterest in the subject line.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PILA Consultants Ltd
Partners in Learning and Action Consultants
Plot 648, Nanfumbambi RoadKikoni, Makerere West
P. O. Box 9092 Kampala?Uganda,
E?mail: [email protected]