Job Title: 6 Drivers – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
The driver will be responsible for provision of efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
Under supervision of the Administrative Assistant, the incumbent will drive WFP official vehicles in a safe and professional manner to transport personnel and assets from one location to another. Ensure the WFP official vehicle is in sound mechanical condition and comply with established minimum-security standards as well as road safety standards.
The Driver will provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and other assigned duties to ensure administrative support to clients.
- Drive always in a safe and responsible manner with due respect and attention for other vehicles and property.
- Maintain safety standards for the vehicles and observe traffic regulations when driving.
- Perform daily inspection of official vehicles, assist with scheduling regular maintenance of vehicles; report defects to the immediate supervisor; perform minor repairs and arrange for major repairs.
- Perform regular checks and maintenance on oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc; complete the vehicle checklist daily; ensure the vehicle is always mechanically fit.
- Ensure the vehicle under your responsibility is always kept clean and kept in good condition. Monitor and submit reports about the performance of vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle logbook is properly updated by accounting for all vehicle trips in an orderly manner when logging, record consumption of fuel, fluids and lubricants.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always fueled on time and make sure that the fuel consumption figures are maintained within the established parameters as set by WFP.
- In cases of an accident, report immediately to the supervisor to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
- Held responsible and accountable for vehicle and any tools or equipment designated to the Driver.
- Maintain vehicle inventory of safety and recovery tools and accessories.
- Keep the vehicle and vehicle keys in WFP official premises overnight.
- Perform other duties as and when required
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Driver must have completed secondary school education.
- Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
- A minimum of two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
- Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 13 th May 2022