Job Title: – UBTS Jobs 2022 Driver
Organization: Uganda Blood Transfusion Service (UBTS)
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Assistant Nursing Officer
Uganda Blood Transfusion Service (UBTS) Profile:
The Uganda Blood Transfusion Service (UBTS) is a semi-autonomous, centrally coordinated organization in the Ministry of Health sufficiently decentralized to render services to all regions of the country. The Headquarters at Nakasero Blood bank acts as a reference centre for the Regional Blood Banks and other public and private hospitals.
About The Project:
With funding from the Embassy of Ireland, Uganda Blood Transfusion Services in partnership with Doctors with Africa CUAMM is supporting the set-up of a blood collection and distribution center in Moroto. This effort is part of the project “Strengthening district health systems for improved access to and utilisation of quality RMNCAH services in Karamoja (2021 – 2023).” This project will scale up and/or complement ongoing efforts in strengthening district health systems. The second result area for this project is Improved capacity for collection, storage, distribution, and use of safe blood and blood components in the promotion of MNCH. Applications are invited for the following positions. The activities under this result area include: setup and functionalization of centre inclusive of static and outreach blood collection activities; accreditation and capacity enhancement of 4 HC IVs for transfusion services; enhancing supervision and oversight role of UBTS; and conducting a study to establish the prevalence of blood transmissible infections, blood donor profiling, and barrier analysis. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions whose staff will start as contract staff of UBTS until form
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drives vehicles for official duty and assignments as directed by the supervisor;
- Ensures compliance with traffic regulations;
- Keeps vehicles in good running order and clean;
- Makes minor repairs, basic maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Maintaining basic records regarding the vehicles as instructed; and
- Ensuring the safety of the vehicle while on duty
- Reporting major technical mechanical faults to the supervising officer;
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- The ideal applicant should have O’ Level Certificate with a pass in the English language, plus a valid driving Permit of Class C or D. Knowledge in Mechanics is an added Advantage. Accomplished and passed the Ministry of Works driving competence test
- Communicative skills (team building), Interpersonal skills, driving skills, car maintenance – basic Knowledge of mechanical and vehicle maintenance; Clean driving record; public relations and Customer Care; time management; flexibility; resilience.
How To Apply for UBTS Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should Fill out an application form accessible Click Here and on E-Mail send your CV and Application letter together in 1 MSWord or 1 PDF Document to this mail [email protected] with the subject — “UBTS-CUAMM Applications March 2022, job applied, code”. E.g “UBTS-CUAMM Applications March 2022, Laboratory Technologist, LTL”
If you have difficulties send an email to [email protected] or call phone 039-3260097.
The rest of the documents will be requested before the interview for shortlisted candidates and originals should be brought during the interview.
Deadline: 31 st March 2022 at 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.