World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Temporary Driver (2) Positions.
Report to: Programmes Manager
Location: Pader District (1) and Terego District (Omugo Settlement) (1)
Purpose of the position:
To drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the World Vision vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies.
- Drive World Vision vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle usage policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
- Check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure e.t.c prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, e.t.c in line with World Vision policy. Maintain the hygiene of the vehicle
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle policies.
- Monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Record and maintain a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Maintain assigned vehicle in a clean state at all times.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Policy.
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the traffic regulatory authority.
- Observe and maintain the regular working hours and at all-time park the vehicle at the designated parking area.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Holds O’ level certificate (Uganda Certificate of Education).
- Holds a valid driving permit.
- Has at least three years of driving experience for manual cars
- NGO back ground and in Emergency response is vital
- Mechanical Knowledge is required
- First Aid skills are required
- Knowledge on safe road use is needed
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English [and any other local language(s)].
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency.
- A working knowledge of photocopier, computer and telephone preferred.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel nationally