Job Title: – SOS Children’s Villages Jobs 2021 Human Resource and Administration Officer
Organization: SOS Children’s Villages
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Program Director
SOS Children’s Villages Profile:
The Human Resource and Administration Officer (HRAO) reports to the Programme Director. He / she is responsible for the efficient and satisfactory provision of human resource and administrative services in the Programme Location. The job holder performs and coordinates and processes all activities related to the human resources and the day to day administration of all Location activities. The job holder supports the Programme Director in all routine areas of their office work, motivation of staff, embedding organisation values, facilitating capacity building and development and ensures that the SOS policies, procedures and systems are effectively implemented at the Location. The job holder als administers and provides support on general services including transport, procurement of goods and services, maintenance of properties, security services. The position requires a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with staff matters as well as handling information on children, patients and beneficiaries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
General Services, Logistics, Procurement and Administration
- Coordinates all project activities and ensures that they are carried out and are properly supported.
- Ensures that procurement procedures are adhered to.
- A member of the Location Management Committee and Location Procurement Committee.
- Fleet management – coordinate pool vehicles to ensure efficient and responsible use, allocation of vehicles, log sheet recording, fuel management, insurance, health and safety management, vehicle repairs and maintenance and regular inspection.
- Coordinates and ensures proper recording, use and timely maintenance of facilities, buildings, furniture and equipment in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Organizes and coordinates the efficient provision of office services, transport, maintenance and other general services to programme units and staff.
Handles routine correspondence.
- Maintains a good and well organized office environment ensuring cleanliness and
- Ensures that the compound is clean, trimmed and well-kept.
- Monitors the maintenance work schedule of the Maintenance Technician ensuring that project facilities, buildings, equipment and properties are well maintained.
- Maintains an up to date inventory of office equipment, furniture, family household items, Guest House items, vehicles and other facility assets.
- Organizes special functions at the Location.
- Participates in the preparation of annual budgets for different project activities.
- Plans and prepares budget for office requirements, administrative and facility maintenance.
- Draws plans for project activities and ensures that they are implemented as planned.
- Follows financial policies, procedures and regulations with regard to administrative financial transactions.
- Responsible for management of the Administration store, maintaining an up to date inventory and issuing of the items.
Manages the Guest House.
- Monitors expenditures of project activities and ensures that it is run as economically as possible, in accordance with provisions of the annual budget.
- Maintains a donation register and ensures that all donations are properly stored, sold out or distributed using the recommended guidelines.
- Prepares petty cash payments, vouchers and monthly cash books
- Acts as a “bank” to SOS families for both household funds and child sponsorship funds. This means regularly paying out household allowances, sponsor money gifts and any other project funds entrusted to him/her & keeping their balances.
Human Resource Management
- Leads the development of the HR plan for the Location and oversees its implementation.
- Processes, facilitates and implements staff related decisions
- Prepares and circulates vacancy announcements, prepares candidate profiles and participates in the interview and selection of candidates for the location.
- Oversees the implementation of on boarding programmes for all new hires.
- Maintains comprehensive updated confidential personnel files.
- Prepares and supervises staff leave schedules on a monthly basis for location staff.
- Coordinates payment of all authorized education, medical bills and other staff benefits.
- Exercises good time management skills and maintains an up to date arrival schedule for all projects.
- Coordinates the placement of interns and volunteers and administers their related issues in accordance with the Volunteer Management guidelines.
- Provides HR statistical information
- Ensures that exit procedures are properly followed.
- Monitors and manages co-worker relation issues.
- Maintains confidential records related to grievances and complaints and coordinates their resolution.
- Ensures transparent, fair and consistent application of disciplinary measures.
- Provides information, interpretation and advice on the HR Policy, Employment Act and other regulations to the Location management and staff.
- Provides advice on interpretation of the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and other rules and regulations and informs staff of their rights and responsibilities.
- Provides advice on health, safety and security issues.
- Facilitates the implementation of the Performance Management System.
- Makes follow up on timely staff performance appraisals / reviews at the Location.
- Supports supervisors to determine training needs of their team and assists in determining the appropriate staff development plan.
- Coordinates with the HRM regarding training and capacity development programmes.
- Develops the Location annual training plan
- Evaluates the impact and effectiveness of staff development programmes.
Minimum Qualifications for SOS Children’s Villages Jobs 2021:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Human Resource Management, Administration, Management or other related discipline
- At least three years’ experience in HR Management
- Ability to deal with confidential matters and with discretion.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented, accurate and able to monitor work for quality.
- Ability to multi-task and keep calm under pressure.
- Adept at problem-solving and able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner. Desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings with staff.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction.
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members, displaying trust and loyalty.
How To Apply for SOS Children’s Villages Jobs 2021
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees. Address it to:
The Head Human Resource and Administration,
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: [email protected]
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25th August 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .