Jobs at:Hashtag Gulu
Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a compassionate social worker to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting our clients that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, alcoholism, substance abuse, mental health, and parental substance abuse. You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to health facilities as well as other partners and services.
A key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset. You should also be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and participate in the supervision of the timely and efficient planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities
• Support clients in receiving services
• Get clients involved in beneficial activities
• Assess clients and gather relevant information as well as offer information and support clients and their families
• Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
• Participate in training, supervision, and meetings
• Watch out for signs of alcohol and substance abuse, violence physical and mental health
• Conduct physical, mental and sexual reproductive health awareness and support referrals
• Support conflict and violence survivors to cope and improve their livelihoods.
• Visit clients, assess their needs and support mediation
• Liaise with relatives, guardians, colleagues and other professional
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree in psychology, social works or related field and demonstrable work experience in a similar role
• Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, violence, mental health, alcohol and substance abuse
• Fluency in English, Acoli language and familiarity with Gulu District is an added advantage
• Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social services and health care actions and chose the most appropriate one
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as basic computer skills i.e., MS Office
• Willingness to work with people from all walks of life
• A valid riding/driving license is an added advantage
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send cover letter and Curriculum Vitae via email to [email protected]
Deadline for submission of applications is Wednesday 11th of August.
For more information about Hashtag Gulu, visit our website www.hashtaggulu.org No phone calls please; and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.