Job Title: Fresher Part-Time Social Worker – Small Steps Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Small Steps Foundation
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: SSF Project Manager/Glory Be Nursery Head Teacher
Small Steps Foundation Profile
SSF are passionate about providing children with learning disability a quality, inclusive, stimulating education. We want to challenge the stigma many of these children and families experience in their community to provide a safe and inclusive environment for all children.
We work with children with disorders including Down’s syndrome, cerebral palsy, autistic spectrum disorders, hydrocephalus, emotional-behavioural disorders, global developmental delay, attention disorders as well as unspecified learning delay usually resulting from early infantile sickness.
We work in conjunction with Buwenda Women in Action, a grassroots Community Based Organisation who run Glory Be Nursery. Through this partnership we are able to ensure our services are accessible and useful to those who most need it.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe, enabling environment for children with learning disability and developmental delay
- Promote the independence and rights of these children
- Educate families and the wider community about the needs of children with disabilities
We are seeking a professional, forward-thinking individual to join our team to help drive our vision that children with a learning disability have the right to an education and a safe, loving home environment. The Social Worker will be responsible for carrying out social work assessments with the families of our children, creating files and child-centered plans and the ongoing implementation and monitoring of these plans. This will include family counselling. The Social Worker will also be responsible for facilitating peer-support groups and seminars for parents, siblings and other relevant parties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing mental health counseling to individuals, groups or families—if one is a clinical social worker
- Conducting initial assessments of clients’ situation to determine needs and goals
- Researching and advocating for appropriate public assistance resources for clients
- Communicating with clients’ care teams
- Providing crisis intervention as needed
- Referring individuals to appropriate treatment centers, as indicated
- Ensuring that all case files, and other records, strictly comply with policies, regulations, and procedures
- Coordinating treatment planning and maintaining ongoing contact with outpatient providers for the continual care of patients
• Social Work Degree/Diploma (or other relevant qualification)
• Fluent in Lusoga/Luganda
• Knowledge and evidence of ability to implement Social Work procedure and laws of Uganda
• Minimum one years’ experience working in a Social Worker position
• Positive attitude towards disability
• Ability to work independently Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Good problem solving skills; creative and quick thinking
• Experience creating and keeping ongoing assessment files
• Ability to use ICT to create simple file documents
• A passion for family-based care
• The ability to show sensitivity to the families of children with learning disability, show integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times
• Evidence of experience working with children with learning disability
• Evidence of knowledge of effective strategies for managing children’s disability in the home and providing support mechanisms for the family
How To Apply for Small Steps Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Applications should be in form of a CV and a covering letter that explains how you meet the job requirements emailed to [email protected]ndation.co.uk
Deadline: 31st May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.