Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of quality Body, Haircare, and Baby care products with their headquarters in Uganda. As part of their strategy to strengthen the organization’s capabilities, they are seeking to fill the Quality Assurance Manager position
This Position's Key Responsibilities are:
• Set up structures, processes, and measures to ensure the company's products consistently meet regulatory, professional, corporate quality specifications and standards.
• Maintenance of accurate and complete inspection records to enable achievement and sustenance of quality certification.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement inspection activities, conduct internal safety audits, oversee manufacturing and production processes ensuring all processes and products meet set quality standards.
• Prepare reports on quality status for senior management. Maintain records of all tests and inspections conducted to assure product traceability.
• Analyze products against specifications to determine compliance and conformity to set quality standards.
• Implement, maintain and continuously improve the R&D GMP, ISO, and Kaizen Quality Management Systems. Create / Revise / Review SOPs and administer change management.
• Review and approve raw, packing materials and finished products, batch records, validate protocols and reports.
• Engage external service providers to carry out microbiological and heavy metal analysis to ensure that the product meets required specifications.
• Analyze wastewater to ensure it conforms to national environmental standards on pollution.
• Review and update or develop quality policies and procedures to ensure production efficiency is achieved in line with regulatory and professional quality specifications and standards.
• Originate, execute, control, and monitor departmental budget.
Education And Collateral Requirements:
• A master’s degree in analytical chemistry, Industrial chemistry, science technology, or in a related field.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a busy laboratory environment with hands-on experience in raw and packing material testing, in-process testing, finished products testing, and certification.
• Membership of a relevant professional body and management training is an added advantage.
• Training on quality management systems and standards development, knowledge of 5S and cleaner production, ISO quality management system, and specifically ISO 17025 preferred.
• Self-starter. Meets tight deadlines and exhibits a high degree of flexibility and versatility.
• Is conversant with cosmetic and OTC drug product regulations
• Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, communication, and organization skills with a high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality
• Excellent computer skills- windows based (SAP and ERP) systems
How to Apply
If you match these requirements, please submit your application through the Brightermonday Portal by clicking on the 'Apply Now '.
The deadline date is 21st February 2021.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.