Jobs at:The Aga Khan Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
04 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Foundations for Learning (F4L) is funded by Global Affairs Canada with the core objective of equipping a new generation of learners, teachers, school leaders, families, communities, civil society organizations, and government leaders with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values needed to promote more gender responsive and pluralist quality education systems for all in Uganda.
Working with 200 Schools communities in the districts of Arua and Yumbe West Nile, F4L will: Transform unequal gender norms and power dynamics in and through education, Increase access to more gender responsive, pluralist quality educational opportunities for marginalized girls, enhance the professional knowledge and skills of teachers and school leaders to provide more gender responsive, pluralist learning environments and experiences for marginalized girls and boys, foster more gender responsive, and pluralist education systems by designing new inclusive models for education improvement with government schools during the foundational years of learning, engage more families, households, and communities to transform beliefs, attitudes, and practices to actively support gender equity and equality in and through education, Influence future education policies and practices through evidence generation and communications that promote more gender responsive, pluralist education at scale, empower more girls by reducing gender and social barriers to educational access, transition, and performance rates and Connect schools with health and nutrition resources to equip learners, particularly girls, with the knowledge and skills needed to live safer, healthier lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Transportation of project personnel, organization authorized officials and persons, and materials to specified destinations.
• Perform routine vehicle maintenance to ensure that the vehicles are in neat and clean conditions. Identify and report any non-routine problems or malfunctioning of the vehicles.
• Follow specified instructions and standards and AKF policy for the efficient and safe operation of vehicles and for the care and safety of authorized passengers and cargo.
• Conform to all traffic laws and regulations governing the operation applicable to motorized transport in Uganda.
• Ensure that vehicles are not driven by unauthorized persons.
• Ensure security of the vehicle and keep accurate systematic log of journeys made, distances covered and odometer readings in respect of vehicle service and fuel refills.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time including (but not limited to; miscellaneous job-related duties, operation of office equipment, receiving and delivery of mail and messages.)
Required Skills & Experience:
• Good communication skills and ability to read, speak and write English.
• Ability to follow routine (both written and verbal) instructions,
• Knowledge of requirements and standards related to the safe and efficient operation of motor vehicles
• Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations and AKF policy governing the operation of applicable vehicles for the transportation of human and non-human cargo in Uganda.
• Courteous interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to take instructions accurately with a good attitude and to be punctual in executing project duties.
• Ability to load vehicles, ability to work flexible hours as work may include late evening, weekend and public holiday duties.
• Knowledge of basic first aid and qualifications in defensive driving.
• To be reliable, punctual and trustworthy too and a team player.
• Hands-on knowledge & experience of basic vehicle maintenance procedures.
• Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
Minimum Education of Uganda Ordinary Level Certificate, plus a Valid Driving Licence with all classes,
Minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience, including a minimum of three (3) years driving/basic vehicle maintenance experience on donor-funded projects in Uganda.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a two-page cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 4.30pm on 4 June 2021.
Click on the link to apply: www.akdn.org/careers
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“AKF Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.”
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org )