Deadline of this Job:
03 August 2022
Within Uganda , Mitooma , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Project Driver
Duty Station: Mitooma District field office
Reports to: Administration and Logistics officer
ACODEV is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) that was established in 2003 and fully registered by the Government of Uganda. Initially founded as a self funded health program to fill service delivery gap in communities during the political insurgency in the Rwenzori region that witnessed human rights abuses, gender-based violence, breakdown in social and health systems; ACODEV has grown and expanded its programs for the benefit of communities targeting children, women, Men and youth in various districts of the country. Today we have presence in more than 28 districts in Western, Central and Northern regions of the country. We are spreading our wings with different innovative development and humanitarian programs to other parts of Uganda.
ACODEV envisions a society where children, women and men are happy, healthy and economically productive. We strive to serve and empower individuals, families and communities through innovative solutions in the areas of human rights, HIV/AIDS, Sexual reproductive health, child health and institutional capacity strengthening. Our values include mutual respect for all, commitment, integrity and excellence. Our interventions are now anchored on i) Health Systems Strengthening, (ii) Health Promotion (iii) Gender and Human Rights iv) Education v). Institutional Development vi) Climate Change and Disaster risk reduction.
The overall purpose of the job is to manage the assigned vehicle and ensure that all ACODEV-Uganda Vehicle policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
The specific responsibilities will include but not limited to the following;
• Drive and Maintain assigned project vehicle in accordance with ACODEV Vehicle Policy and traffic laws of Uganda;
• Ensure that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good mechanical condition.
• Facilitate the team to carry out scheduled field activities.
• Undertake daily vehicle check-up, and report any problem to the Administration and Logistics Officer;
• Prepare maintenance and spare part requests, keep records of fuel for submission to the Administration and Logistics Officer.
• Ensure strict adherence to safety and security rules – i.e. appropriate use of vehicles by all staff with regard to seatbelts, speed limits, vehicle booking process and movement monitoring system;
• Assist in purchases, deliveries and other program activities
• Maintain vehicle mileage log sheet/book daily by noting date, destination, departure and arrival times, and submit to the Administration and Logistics Officer.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all ACODEV Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of ACODEV and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Commitment
• Respect for all
• Build Partnerships, transparency and Excellency.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of ACODEV and used by each staff working in emergencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Communicates strategically under pressure
• Manages stress and complexity
• Actively promotes safety and
Required qualifications and experience:
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
• Knowledge of basic vehicle mechanics and a certificate in mechanics and defensive driving is a plus.;
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) and local language spoken in Mitooma;
• Valid driving license with relevant classes
• Capability in driving manual cars
• Respect for people’s cultures, and diversity;
• At least five years of clean driving experience
• Commitment to working in a non-partisan manner.
• Secondary level education with a good understanding of English and a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in an international non-governmental organization
• Experience in driving long distances and on difficult terrain.
Personal Competencies: Planning, Proactive problem solving, contributing to team success, Managing work, Building partnerships, Communicating with impact, Initiating action, Information monitoring, Adaptability, Stress tolerance, Respect for others,Integrity, Diversity, Excellence, Accountability and able to drive.
Required Travel: As and when required to Head offices for administrative support
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested Candidates should submit their application to [email protected] or [email protected] by 3rd of August 2022 at 5pm.
All hard copies can be dropped at ACODEV Mitooma office.