Job Title: – Nation Media Group Jobs 2022 Distribution Assistant
Organization: Nation Media Group (NMG) Uganda
Reports to: Transport Officer
Nation Media Group Profile:
The Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media, which attract and serve unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. As a brand, we are committed to generating and creating content that will inform, educate and entertain our consumers across the different platforms, keeping in mind the changing needs and trends in the industry.
To transport staff, deliver newspapers and parcels to various destinations safely and securely within set deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drives staff/delivers newspapers and parcels to various destinations as assigned.
- Provide administrative and logistical support such as requisitioning for consumables, picking invoices from suppliers and distribution of uniforms and stationery.
- Ensure timely renewal of contracts for temporary drivers as well as monthly drafting of invoices for payment.
- Keeps the vehicle in the cleanest and top mechanical condition.
- Monitors the distances covered, book the vehicle for service and ensures that it is serviced as required.
- Maintains a work book for each assignment and logs in the distances covered.
- Monitors the condition of the vehicle and reports defects for rectifying immediately.
- Fuels the vehicle, takes care of the tools and accessories.
- Checks the duty roster, routes and vehicles assigned.
- Sorts and loads parcels ensuring the first-in-last-out order for efficient drops en route.
- Signs off the loading strip list and leaves for destination within set deadline.
- Academic: O’ Level Certificate (Uganda Certificate of Education) or its equivalent.
- Professional: A valid driver’s license with at least 2 classes e.g. CM or DL
- Experience: At least 3-5 years working experience as a company driver.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good command of English.
- High drive for results and ability to work within deadlines.
- Very high personal standards
- Mechanical knowledge is an added advantage.
How To Apply for the Nation Media Group Jobs 2022
If you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your application, detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number, quoting the position you have applied for in the subject line by 8th July, 2022 to the HR Lead-NMGU, Monitor Publications Limited at [email protected] . Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2022
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .