Job Title: Fresher Shift Supervisor – Mukwano Industries Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mukwano Industries Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Mukwano Industries Uganda Limited Profile:
Mukwano industries Uganda Limited is the leading conglomerate in East and Central Africa and a major player in key business sectors covering manufacturing, agriculture, and logistics supply chain that drives the Ugandan economy. Its origins date back to 1910 when members of the family first set foot in East Africa and established a trading company. The business has grown through visionary diversification into various areas of manufacturing, agriculture, property development, and logistics, and supply-chain management.
We are proud to have attained local and regional recognition for the production of a wide range of high quality and affordable Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCGs) ranging from laundry, toilet soaps, edible oils and fats, powder detergents, domestic and industrial plastics, packaged drinking water and proteins for animal feeds with state of art technology cutting across all sectors.
Mukwano ranks among the top taxpayers in Uganda and employs a workforce in excess of 7,000 staff, whilst ensuring that the highest environmental, health, and safety practices are adhered to and maintained in all production and operational procedures. Mukwano is certified by ISO 9001:2015 and 22000:2005 (Reg: No. 0302010), Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS), the Halal Bureau, and also ISO 22000:2005 covering water production.
A shift supervisor assigns tasks to subordinate employees, makes sure that all sales and operations run smoothly, responds to customer inquiries and complaints, balances drawers and accounts and the end of a shift, and reports to middle or upper management with any ongoing issues or problems.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supervise and take responsibility for plastic molding machines & production output in a shift.
- Assigning work to machine operators & machine helpers, monitoring their performances.
- Monitor the plastic molding machines, their performance and efficiency.
- Material management. 5. Achieving the target set for the production plant.
- Basic trouble shooting of product related defects on production.
- Reporting of any malfunctions/abnormality of the machines or products to the productions Officer on time.
- Should monitor the quality of products and adjust if any deviation as per the requirement.
- Monitor & analyze the rejection produced on machine and working towards zero rejection or less that the acceptable limit defined.
- In liaison with the productions officer assist in the appraisal and performance of subordinates.
- Prepare daily shift production reports & other reports as assigned by production officers/manager.
- Participate in routine stock taking at the plant.
- Monitor movement of finished products from the production plant to the warehouse.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Any other duties assigned by the Production Officer/manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in mechanical engineering or production engineering or graduate in science.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a manufacturing plant in a supervisory position
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Ability to effectively & efficiently control manpower.
- Good communication skills including reading skills.
- Mechanical ability.
- Self-motivated towards work & motivating others.
- Ability to work in high places.
- The ability to get along with co-workers
- The ability to keep up to date with changing technology
- The ability to do precision work.
- Good knowledge of HACCP and general ISO standards are a must.
How To Apply for Mukwano Industries Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates should visit our website i.e www.mukwano.com, go to the career page and upload the Cover letter, CV and Academic Credentials. Only online applications will be accepted.
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e. from 31st May 2021 to 14th June 2021. Successful candidates will be contacted within a week after the closing date, in case you don’t hear from us in one months’ time, consider yourself unsuccessful. Mukwano does not engage any agents/touts to solicit payments in lieu of promising employment. Any form of canvassing is prohibited. All successful candidates will be offered competitive remuneration packages.
Closing Date: 14th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.