Job Title: – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022 Transport Assistant (Support Office)
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Hospital Manager and Transport Officer
Marie Stopes Uganda Profile
Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare across every district of Uganda. For over 20 years, Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) has been working to provide voluntary family planning (FP) services to thousands of men and women across the country. MSU is the largest, most specialized private FP and reproductive health (RH) organization working in every district of Uganda with approximately 30% of modern contraceptive market share.
Reporting to the Hospital Manager and Transport Officer, role of this position is to be responsible for the Hospital Ambulance, Emergency Client Transportation and Client on board Safety and meet set objectives by his supervisor while delivering on the organizational goals.
The post holder will be required to consistently engage with the Hospital Management and Hospital team on ensuring the right client care, management, and prompt responsiveness.
The Ambulance Driver is responsible for the effective client transportation as required by MSUG and Ministry of Health Standards. Additionally, they will support the fleet department on administrative and reporting requirements as well as driving.
Roles and Responsibilities of Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
- Driving an ambulance as quickly and as safely as possible to transport patients to Medical facilities.
- Providing first aid or administering oxygen if the patient requires care before reaching the hospital.
- Sanitizing the ambulance and safely disposing of any medical waste and soiled linens plus contaminated supplies.
- Maintaining the ambulance log with daily entries and noting patients’ names and addresses, travel times, mileage, and service performed.
- Inspecting the ambulance before each shift, checking the fuel, oil, transmission fluid, wiper fluid, and coolant, and reporting any needed repairs,
- Prompt Deliveries of Clients to Facilities.
- Basic First Aid techniques and support.
- A clean disinfected Ambulance Inside and out
- Updated Ambulance Log Book.
- Basic Mechanical competencies
Minimum Qualifications for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
- Driving Skills with Defensive Driving training.
- A minimum of three years of experience in Driving preferably emergency vehicles.
- Additional training in First Aid is an added advantage
- Map Reading
- Good Judgement and Decision making abilities.
- Good Client care skills
How To Apply for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 12th May 2022