Manager - Technology, Security & Network Audit
Jobs at:MTN Uganda Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
05/11/2022, 10:41 PM
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position.
Job Title: Manager Technology, Security & Network Audit
Reporting to: Senior Manager Internal Audit
Division – Internal Audit & Forensics
No. of Vacancies: 1
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
To manage the technology, security and networks audit sub-function, driving the internal audit programme framework, process innovation and meaningful analytics. To achieve excellence and effectiveness of overall internal information security management through process and system audits (IT system, network) ensuring alignment with Internal Audit strategy. Acting as an expert in the field, this role provides support to the SM in developing the overall technology, security and networks audit framework, and continuous improvement.
Main Job Functions:
• Support creation of sub-functional strategy in line with overarching divisional goals for area
• Support the effective alignment of sub-functional strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support
• Manage technology, security and networks audit sub function, ensuring the effectiveness of internal controls on information security, quality of work, and audit reports and analytics, in line with internal audit standards and methodologies, with full adherence to the internal audit framework.
• Execute, lead and manage complex internal audits on IT systems and networks, review inconsistencies and advise on required changes/enhancements to improve technological risk management, control and governance processes, in line with company’s strategic objectives and best practice guidelines’;
• Assess the likely/projected legal implications and ramifications of IT systems and network audits
• Supports SM IA in the Consolidate, review and sign off on all IT system and network audit reports for submission to top management and Opco Audit Committee;
• Ensure cost effective operation of the internal IT system and network audit sub-function by driving excellence and effectiveness of the internal audit framework, which will increase internal controls and manage risk, which, due to the nature of the business, is changing constantly;
• Identify and drive where appropriate, opportunities for cost saving initiatives without compromising quality and effectiveness of the framework;
• Provide direction to staff, ensure that the standards for internal audit are compiled at the highest level;
• Report to management on IT systems and network audit results, highlighting new internal and external high level risks, cost controls and recommendations for improvements within the Internal Audit department;
• Provide input into an annual risk based internal audit plan with regards to IT systems and the network in order to ensure adequate quality assurance over risk management;
• Provide expertise, advice and support to management with by providing technical insights on new information security risks;
• Provide assurance to management on the effectiveness of the internal controls over information security, internal processes and systems related to both virtual, as well as physical technology assets.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
• Bachelor’s in engineering (B. Eng) / BSc. Computer Science
• Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science
• Preferred – CISA / CISSP
• Fluent in language of country with basic command of English
• CIA / CISSP / CISM
• Strong examinations skills – preferably in the context of Technology
• Project Management
• Customer Focused
• Conceptual Thinker, Problem Solver, Improvement Driver
• Culture and Change Champion, Supportive People Manager, Relationship Manager
• Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
MTN Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.