Job Title: – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021 Diploma Logistics Assistant
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
The LWF is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing over 77 million Christians in 99 countries. We strive to put our faith into action within and beyond the communion, and seek God’s Word and Spirit to guide us. This action takes a variety of forms from theological reflection and dialogue with other churches and faiths, to deepening relationships, sharing about our faith, serving those in need and advocating for a more just, peaceful and reconciled world. We share a vision, purpose and values. We work to strengthen our relationships and build an inclusive, respectful communion. We are on a common journey of renewal shaped and enriched by the different contexts within which we live.
To support supervision, coordination and control of transport and logistics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Transport and logistics functions on a day to day basis
- Adheres to clear rules for proper functioning of the transport function.
- Implements set procedures for effective vehicle usage while minimizing the costs.
- Participates in selecting the fuel stations that will supply fuel.
- Regularly inspects every vehicle physically to establish its mechanical condition and road
- Maintains a productive relationship with suppliers of vehicle repair services, fuels, oils and spares and coordinates regularly with the procurement function.
- Supports fleet Management to ensure that movement of vehicles and repairs comply with regulations and policies.
- Ensures that every driver understands and signs the vehicle control policy signifying that they understand it and are willing to adhere to its provisions.
- Oversees a system for monitoring and tracking the distances and relates them to fuel usage.
- Adheres to a car parking policy that defines who can use the vehicle, at what time, for what purpose and when the vehicle must be parked.
- Timely preparation of the monthly stores and fleet reports and submit to the Logistics Manager.
- Tracks vehicles through the fleet monitoring system and compiles reports on a monthly basis.
Supports Staff Supervision and management
- Supports the introduction of incentives in order to encourage drivers to drive well and avoid costly accidents.
- Assists in the implementation of performance management processes and regularly sets targets for drivers and conducts effective appraisals.
- Participates in the selection of qualified drivers.
Stores and Assets Management
- Ensures Value for Money for all goods and services delivered to Kampala office and ensure that all goods for the Sub programs are sent on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all goods received from the supplier are verified and received as per the LPO on the system.
- Ensure that the asset register is updated on a weekly basis and ensure that all Assets are tagged as per the asset policy.
- Carry out asset verification exercise once in a year.
- Coordinate with Finance every month for asset prices procured within that month so as to have accurate figures on the Asset register based on the exchange rate.
- A Diploma in Motor Mechanics
- A certificate in Transport Management.
- A clean valid driving license for classes A, B and C.
- Certificate in Supervisory Skills and Customer Care
- Computer competence and sound knowledge of MIS is necessary.
- A minimum of two (2) years hands on experience in a similar position in a Non-Government organization or as a senior driver.
- Demonstrable attitude for teamwork
- Ability to negotiate with vendors in a transparent manner
- Ability to work on own initiative, proactive attitude and a team player
- Commitment to excellence and high-quality results.
- Ability to analyze reports and give recommendations
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates who are interested in the above positions should submit an updated CV and application letter ( in English), giving a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees only through our recruitment email [email protected]
Deadline: 2nd April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.