Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
23 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SeaOwl Energy Services is a specialist provider of integrated services and project management solutions within the Energy and Renewables industries. We provide global workforce solutions to the Construction, Energy, Extractives, Logistics, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. SeaOwl Energy Services offers a full range of staffing solutions, including: Contract; Recruitment Services; Managed Solutions; and Consultancy/Contingent Work Force.
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for competent individuals to fill the following position:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Deputy General Manager with a day-to-day oversight with
General Services Manager
Scope of the Job
Plan, coordinate and implementation of the substantive work program of the Non-project
Logistics Operations of the Affiliate
• Ensures that the outputs produced by the Logistics department maintain high- quality standards by ensuring that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data, meeting the required standards and are delivered in timely manner
• Plan, coordinate and implementation of the substantive work program of the Non- project Logistics Operations of the Affiliate by ensuring that approved work program activities are carried out in a timely fashion
• Preparation, presentation of annual Budget requests and work program for approval through Operating and Advisory committees.
• Monitoring of expenditure to ensure that all activities are performed on time in line with the approved budget.
• Definition of Scope of works and evaluation of bidders during the Call for tender.
• Ensure that Audits and SQM for logistics contractors are done one time to ensure there is no deviation with Company’s and contractual requirements.
• Day to day management and coordination of personnel transport operations by ensuring that all the Journey Management Plans are in place for all planned and unplanned journeys
• Follow up on vehicle maintenance, repairs, mobilization and demobilization and management of the drivers with Coaching, and training regarding TOTAL rules
• Fuel management issued to all vehicles and ensure that the consumption ratios is maintained
• Coordination and efficient operations of the Meet and Greet services at Entebbe airport office operations to ensure that all arriving/departing staff on international flights are appropriately supported
• Land Transport Management to ensure that application of land transport procedures is adhered too by regularly checking of TEPU drivers’ knowledge and understanding of the TEPU driving rules
• Focused awareness to drivers on road risks, mitigation measures, consistent
enforcement of a normally reporting
• Drive HSE performance in accordance with Total Group objectives, demonstrate
• HSE leadership and develop a safety culture with the team and service providers.
• Develop, review and update all Transport procedures, bridging documents on time and Implement procedures throughout the Logistics packages, establish and maintain specific procedures as required
• Schedule and conduct land transport audits, participate in the draft and review of the land transport management system, SQM’s and ensure that all defects, anomalies, accidents or incidents are captured in SYNERGI and closed on due time
Cost Control and Budget
• Identify and anticipate any deviation on contracts & services with impact on budget,
Feedback and Lesson Learned
• Gather ‘lessons learnt’ and provide feedback to different entities for continuous
• improvement of procedures, contractors and consolidation of KPIs/CPIs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain Management or equivalent
• More than 5 years’ experience in manufacturing/construction Logistics operations at supervisory level
• In depth knowledge of Land Transport Management systems and modeling, Driver management Health, Safety & Environment operations in Oil and Gas Logistics operations is an added advantage.
• Logistics & HSE management rules and techniques, Drivers management, Transport operations management, Technical understanding of fleet operations, Land Transport Management systems including IVMS/OBC, land transport procedures.
• Good command of English knowledge and experience in ERP systems including SAPand database management including MS access, word, project, excel.
Behavioral and Managerial Competencies
• Leadership, proactive, adheres to the COMPANY values, analytical and anticipation skilled with organizational rigor.
• Able to work under pressure and stressing conditions, in autonomy, adapt, communicate, and integrate in different environment
• Active team player with ability to manage and integrate with others in different functions and environment
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send a detailed CV ONLY by email to:
Via email: [email protected]
Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 793 441 554
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
Deadline for CV submission: Monday, August 23rd, 2021 – 11:00 AM.