Job Title: O’Level Driver – Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V.
Duty Station: Kampala, in Uganda (with frequent visits to field sites in Uganda)
Reports to: Logistics, Procurement and Administration Manager (line supervisor)
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. Profile
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide.
The Driver will work as part of Johanniter Uganda’s Country Office team reporting to the Logistics, Procurement and Administration manager who will be the overall supervisor. Based in Kampala, the incumbent will drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the vehicles regularly and act accordingly in line with Johanniter Uganda policies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To drive designated organisation vehicles in safe and careful manner and ensure that all passengers are secure and not to carry any unauthorised passengers, load or carry fire arms.
- Ensure vehicles are duly checked e.g engine oil , battery terminals ,lighting system etc. before any movement is affected
- Maintain the vehicle logbook and record accurately kilometer readings, fuel taken, the activity assignments, parts /spares replaced.
- Maintains the relevant forms vehicle ledger and vehicle fuel forms assigned and submit a report to the Logistics, Procurement and Administration Manager.
- The driver is responsible for all loading and unloading of goods into the vehicle and ensures their security and condition while in the vehicle.
- Assist in updating logistics Manager on the expiry dates of the insurance licenses
- Ensure that the vehicle is serviced promptly by monitoring next service kilometer and suggests or reports any necessary repairs that need to be made.
- Reports any incident or driving incident, even minor to the Logistics Manager as quickly as possible and completes the necessary reports.
- Obeys all road traffic regulations including proper use of seat belts. The driver must ensure that he is in possession of a driving license when on driving duties. Payment of traffic offence fines is the driver’s responsibility and when he is personally responsible for an accident , a sanction could be imposed
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and the interior tidy
- Ensure the vehicle is not over loaded with passengers or supplies
- Carries out any delivery or collection duties as may be necessary letters, visas, minor procurements etc
- The driver should make sure that fulfillment of his tasks, is carried out with full care in preserving the confidentiality of all matters related to the organisation’s operations
- Ensure that all vehicle movements are authorised
- Assist in any logistics function assigned and any other duties from time to time
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor in his or her absence ,his or her designate
- Ensure that renewal of organisational vehicle licenses is carried out in a timely manner by management.
- The Driver must hold an O’ Level Certificate as the minimum qualification required
- A certificate in Mechanical Engineering is desired
- At least three years of experience with an international NGO and Humanitarian sector .
- Certificate in defensive driving is an added
- A clean driving record, valid Uganda driving License classes B, DL, CM and DM.
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance/mechanics
- A good command of both verbal/spoken and written English is necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Defensive driving skills.
- Capacity to use the computer (basic skills)
- Good knowledge on use of office machines (copier, scanners, Telephone etc.)
How To Apply for Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe Uganda Jobs 2021
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to: [email protected] Please indicate “ Driver ” in the subject line of your e-mail and in the application mention your earliest date of availability.
NB: Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Deadline: 25th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.