Job Title: – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 Driver PlayMatters
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has its country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kit gum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming.
PlayMatters reimagines childhood for refugees. It will bring play-based learning to children across Ethiopia, Uganda, and a to be confirmed third country. It will redefine education and cultivate a generation of lifelong builders. PlayMatters is inspired by LEGO Foundation’s call to challenge the status quo, to offer children the quality education they dream of. Children are not gaining the skills they need; teachers are under-supported, and parents are overwhelmed. The systems built to serve them are failing them. PlayMatters proudly offers something different. It will be delivered by a coalition with a track record of thinking and delivering differently.
The Driver will be responsible for the safe transportation of PlayMatters Uganda management staff and materials; care and maintenance of PlayMatters Uganda vehicles and their accessories.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and record the condition of the vehicles daily; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
- Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of PlayMatters Uganda office vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to PlayMatters Deputy Coordinator any mechanical problems.
- Ensure vehicles are insured and all legal documents are always in order; inform PlayMatters Deputy Coordinator three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e., insurance, road license, etc.).
- Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situation.
- Drive PlayMatters Uganda project staff in a safe and courteous manner to field sites across the country.
- Deliver mail/messages as directed.
- Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment if any.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of PlayMatters Uganda office vehicles.
- Give accurate reconciliation of expenditures within the given period.
- Adhere to IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
- Assist programs or PlayMatters Admin Officer in loading cargo for the field.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Minimum Ordinary Level Certificate: A- Level Certificate is an added advantage; Valid driver’s license with classes “A, B & DL”
- Minimum of two (2) years’ driving experience preferably with NGOs.
- Able to pass the IRC driving test and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent Microsoft word and Microsoft excel skills.
- Willingness to travel to ‘insecure areas within the constraints of IRC Uganda’s security policy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th May 2022