Job Title: Ambulance Driver – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Imvepi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. The IRC has a country office in Kampala and field offices in Amudat, Imvepi, Kyegegwa, Lamwo, Moroto/ Kiryandongo and Yumbe, as well as an urban office within Kampala.
The Ambulance Driver is responsible for maintaining the vehicle in good condition and perform activities as per the Job description in accordance to the fleet policies and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and record the condition of the vehicle on a daily basis; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
- Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of IRC vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to Supply Chain Management any mechanical problems.
- Ensure vehicle is insured and all legal documents are in order at all times; inform Supply Chain Management three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
- Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situations.
- Drive Patients, Care givers and staff in a safe and courteous manner to during referrals.
- Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of vehicle.
- Give accurate reconciliation within the given period.
- Obey IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures at all times (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisors.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Minimum Ordinary Level Certificate; A- Level Certificate is an added advantage; Valid driver’s license with classes “A, B & DL”
- Minimum of two (2) years’ driving experience preferably with NGOs.
- Able to pass the IRC driving test.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft word and Microsoft excel skills.
- Willingness to travel to ‘insecure areas within the constraints of IRC Uganda’s security policy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 23rd January 2022