Job Title: Driver/Home Visitor – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Busia, Uganda
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the recruitment phase of the study by ensuring enrolled participants are given transport refund.
- Verify the participant’s residence and report changes of residence and/ or guardianship status to senior study personnel.
- Participate in GPS activities.
- Participate in household survey activities as assigned by the coordinator.
- Read consent documents in local languages and interpreting for the consenting physician and participants during the consent process if and when necessary
- Small errands requiring vehicle transportation as requested by senior study personnel.
- Collect participants and bring them to the clinic when they have missed a routine visit or are found to be ill or in need of medical attention.
- Working to ensure participant adherence of the study protocol procedures.
- May require some counselling of participant and/ or family member.
- Maintain the vehicle in good working condition and report any problems to the Study Coordinator/Administrative Officer.
- Carry out administrative tasks.
- Maintain a log book for the study vehicle.
- Diploma or Certificate in a related field
- Basic training in Motor-vehicle mechanics
- 3-5 years’ progressive working experience in a similar setting with a valid driving permit.
- Should be able to drive both manual and automatic vehicles
- Defensive driving certificate is a must.
- Ability to speak Samia, Swahili, Luganda, Ateso will be an added advantage
- Experience handling sensitive project supplies, samples, information,
- Ability to work long hours and in a Team.
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further
Deadline: 10th December 2021 by 5:00pm