Human Resource Manager
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
23 May 2022
Within Uganda , Nakaseke , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You will partner with the Country Program (CP) Senior Management Team to provide overall strategic Human Resources (HR) direction for the CP in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will analyze and anticipate HR programs, services, and operations needs and challenges in the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration and introduce improvement solutions.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage HR processes and activities to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
• Provide professional HR advice and coaching to managers, staff, and partners on daily HR issues, especially regarding recruitment, performance management, and employee relations.
• Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
• Lead training and professional development needs assessment and analysis and ensure the provision of focused and precise development programs for CRS staff and partners.
• Ensure staff retention strategies reflect competitive and equitable compensation and benefits and a work environment that fosters staff engagement, empowerment through proper supervision, and personal and professional growth.
• Monitor the culture to ensure staff actions reflect CRS guiding principles, where dignity, diversity, community, and rights and responsibilities of all staff are valued.
• Act as the CP’s key point of contact, internally and externally, on all HR-related matters. Represent the organization in forums related to HR management issues to stay abreast of standards, local laws, and industry best practices and to maintain peer contacts.
• Oversee record keeping through personnel files and/or HRIS that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
• Ensure proper internal control for all human resources issues. Address HR audit issues and lead the closing of any HR Audit findings.
• Serve as the CP Protection Focal Point and support the implementation of CRS’ Policy on Protection from Abuse and Exploitation.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
• Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development
• preferred, or equivalent relevant experience and bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of five years’ work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO, with at least three of these years managing an HR function and strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards
• Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Thorough knowledge of the local labor law.
• Staff management experience
• Strong experience in presenting, facilitating, and coaching on HR topics.
• Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web
• Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and
• externally. Strategic in how they approach each relationship.
• Excellent strategic and analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
• Very good planning, monitoring, and organizational skills
• Able to maintain confidential information
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
• Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered: This position is open to Ugandan nationals only.Email a cover letter and CV only to [email protected] by May 11th, 2022, at 5:00pm.Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – HUMANRESOURCEMANAGER only All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read