Jobs at:Unfiltered Pathways
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Hospital housekeepers are responsible for sustaining a sterile environment in all areas of the hospital by cleaning rooms, making beds, replenishing linens and maintaining floors.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Willingness to participate in on-the-job training.
• Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
• Proven working experience as a janitor.
• Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery.
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
• Ability to read and understand equipment operation manual.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Client satisfaction and responsiveness
• Quality of cleaning especially for all critical areas
• Zero safety incidences (spills, falls, accidents etc.)
• Equipment handling and maintenance
GENERAL PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• 100% Attendance of work
• 100% system usage
• 100% attendance of department meetings
• 100% attendance of training sessions
• 100% adherence to agreed uniform policy
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms and corridors in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
• Performs terminal/detailed cleaning of the OR rooms by following check list or as instructed by OR personnel
• Complete work assignments in a timely manner.
• Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
• Use and maintains equipment properly.
• Assists visitors with directions whenever requested.
• Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors.
• Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
• Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
• Replenishes supplies.
• Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, Standard Precautions and isolation precautions.
• Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
• Observes safety precautions at all times.
• Cleans and maintains carpet and tiled floors by using heavy equipment to clean, strip and wax floors on a rotating basis.
• Cooperate with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives, maintain good employee relations and interdepartmental objectives.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]