Job Title: Weighbridge Assistant – Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Site Logistics Coordinator
Vacancy Code: WBAC01
Hima Cement Ltd Profile
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
The Weighbridge Assistant shall be responsible for the effective weighing of inbound and outbound trucks, the movement of weighed trucks from weighbridge to stock pile/warehouse and other incidental truck operations within the Company’s logistics yard.
Roles and responsibilities
- Adhere to all the Health, Safety and Environment compliance rules in the designated working area.
- Accountable for weighbridge operations, verify weighbridge/supplier documents correspond 100% to physical deliveries. Weigh all dispatches and deliveries of cement/bulk material at exit/entry to the shipping.
- Update daily/monthly weighbridge, truck yard and stock-pile reports and resolve variances immediately.
- Verify documents to ensure accuracy of supplier and HCL documentation. Tally documents from YARD IN to YARD OUT. Reconcile physical stocks with ERP stocks and ensure tallied information is entered in the operating standard template.
- Support in periodic stock takes for cement and bulk materials in partnership with Finance.
- Safeguard the company against any form of loss of revenue or stocks by accurate weighing of all trucks in and out of the dispatch point.
- Report to the N+1 all order balances from time to time when warned by HODIM and immediately follow up closure.
- Manage driver welfare facilities within the yard and the driver hostel facility.
- Responsible for truck YIGO/GIGO/YIYO for all inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Monitor proper functioning of the weighbridge and equipment (calibration) to avoid any inefficiencies. Report any malfunction immediately it’s noted as per the escalation procedure and follow up for closure.
- Communicate with the suppliers on a daily basis to be able to secure to Alternative Fuels and organize for immediate transportation.
Minimum Qualifications for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelors in Business Administration, or equivalent.
- HOIDM knowledge is an added advantage.
- MS Office Proficiency (Excel and word).
- Basic reporting skills.
- Financial awareness
Profile & Personal Qualities
- Attention to detail and precision and ability to think laterally.
- Self-driven problem solver and ability to handle extreme work pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with excellent influencing and organizational skills.
- High level of integrity
How To Apply for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. (Email your application and CV to [email protected] and let’s save the environment).
- Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer, it does not discriminate nor charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process;
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document;
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 9th August 2022