Job Title: Logistics Safety Coordinator – Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Kasese and Tororo
Reporting line: Transport Development and Road safety Manager
Vacancy Code: LSCX01
Hima Cement Ltd Profile
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
Hima Cement works with all actors in the building and construction industry in Uganda – manufacturing and supplying a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects. Whether supplying high-quality cement to a craftsman or helping leading architects explore and deliver creative possibilities, Hima is committed to providing solutions that fit the needs of all its clients.
The primary role of the Logistics Safety Coordinator is to continuously monitor safety standards, advisories, systems, legislation, tools, or procedures and to ensure our road transportation operations are safe, compliant to the framework of Hima Cement objectives and aligned to Holcim Group objectives
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements programs for control, management, training and supervision of drivers and ensure Vehicle compliance
- Devise, implement, monitor, rate and rank driver performance, provide feedback to drivers and transporters, and implement the active recognition/consequence procedure.
- Employing proactive approach to ensure that truck compliance and inspection procedure is efficient and effective.
- Participate in planning, preparations and conducting of 5-pillar transport audit program.
- Develop, review, and produce standard operating procedures aligned to current operations and Group Standards and guidelines
- Implement journey management system with clear route hazard mapping program, that is updated on a regular basis and that all drivers assigned to a route are briefed.
- Manage accidents and incidents including investigation and reporting as per Group guidelines and procedures, prepare reports and share key learnings with stakeholders, follow up and close out corrective and preventive actions.
- Design, and implement road safety culture change initiatives such as campaigns, public awareness trainings etc, both within and those organized by other agencies
Minimum Qualifications for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Logistics and or Transport management from a recognized University.
- Health and Safety certification or qualification a must and or be obtained within one year after appointment
- Strong knowledge, experience and success in Health and Safety or Transport Management are some of the key requirements for this role.
- At least three years’ work experience preferably in a busy commercial or industrial environment and with exposure to industrial or FMCG business processes is an added advantage.
Profile & Personal Qualities
- Self-driven, results oriented.
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Comfortable dealing with people and a good listener
- Reliable, tolerant & determined
- Able to work extended hours when required
- Flexibility to work anywhere within Uganda is added advantage
How To Apply for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to [email protected] not later than 3rd November 2021.
1. Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
2. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
3. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
5. Qualified females are greatly encouraged to apply
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
he Plant Human Resource Manager
Hima Cement Ltd
Plot 838, Namanve Industrial Area.
P.O Box 7230
Deadline: 30th November 2021