Job Title: Human Resource Officer – Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala
Hima Cement Ltd Profile
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
Hima Cement works with all actors in the building and construction industry in Uganda – manufacturing and supplying a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects. Whether supplying high-quality cement to a craftsman or helping leading architects explore and deliver creative possibilities, Hima is committed to providing solutions that fit the needs of all its clients.
The purpose of the role is to implement the People policies and strategies and providing administrative support to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in services delivery. In addition the job holder is responsible for HR and organisation implementation for the SGA Functions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Prepare HR Administration documents relating to fulltime and contract staff, These documents include new staff appointment contracts, and contract renewals, staff promotions and any other work related to contract processing;
• Designing templates and letters for staff separation, staff assumption of duty, transfers, promotions, contract renewals, confirmations and staff testimonials
• Coordinate the process of reference checks for employees to verify a range of candidate
information, including employment history, academic qualifications etc.
• Consolidate and update the E-File human resource records at all times.
• Coordinate and support HR service providers, such as catering service providers,
Contracted Staff agency etc. in accordance with the Hima Cement Procurement rules;
• Undertake administration of staff dependents for new hires and update / changes by
• Identify areas requiring automation and improvement in regard to HR Administration
processes, procedures and forms in view of optimizing the efficiency and reliability of the
department and recommend improvements in processes and documents in other areas
impacting the efficiency and reliability of the HR Department.
• Monitor staff probation periods and process staff confirmation;
• Undertake the maintenance of the contract renewals/probationary periods in HR
information management system.
• Undertake the preparation of testimonial letters relating to queries from external parties,
Bank account opening and other testimonial letters as the need arises;
• Work with Client Services teams, HR Benefits; HR Payroll; HR Master Data & HR
Employee Help Desk in problem resolution and treatment of queries from employees.
• Collaborate with legal officers and units which provide support, advice and assistance in
HR decisions related to Contract administration, Separations and ethical issues.
• Coordinate the recruitment and selection process and development planning and participate in the implementation of the performance management policy.
• Support the organization’s capability programs through the implementation of Training (Safety and Functional) and health activities
• Implement all required induction activities for new staff including to ensure a right start for new, transferred/appointment staff.
• Assist new employees to fill in application forms to become members of the Pension Fund
• Notify the Pension Administrator of employees who terminate their services with the company
• Keep up to date a register of all pensioners and issue updates on monthly basis
Submit claims as and when necessary and make appropriate follow ups.
• Collect and analyze data on employee relations issues to identify trends and create appropriate initiatives to address recurring workplace issues or concerns.
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR. Post graduate qualification in HR management is an added advantage and with at least 2 years working experience in a similar role
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant practical working experience in a high volume administration department;
• A relevant and practical experience in Human Resources Management, Staff and Legal counselling will be added advantage
• A highly customer focused individual is sought;
• Proactive, solution oriented individual, keen to resolve challenges through innovation;
• Ability to implement continual improvement activities to processes, with a keen eye for detail;
• Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and work under a pressured environment;
• Ability to work independently and coordinate with peers and other HR experts in a multidisciplinary multicultural team;
• Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients and other team members;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
• Competence in the use of Microsoft Suit applications such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;
• Preferably experience of SAP or other integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in HR/ administration.
How To Apply for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
Hima cement will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. (Email your application and CV to [email protected] and let’s save the environment).
1. Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a
recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one
3. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
5. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Human Resource Manager – Corporate
Hima Cement Ltd
Plot 838 Namanve Industrial Area
P.O Box 7230
Deadline: 27th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.