Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Job:
To operate pole plant-heavy vehicles in carrying out day-to-day business.
Key Result Areas
• Operate the pole handler tractor to load and offload poles and any other equipment at the plant yard as instructed by the supervisor.
• Keep records of the pole handler and report to the supervisor whenever services or repairs are necessary.
• Maintain a logbook and account for all operations of the pole handler.
• Keep the pole handler clean
• Identify risks in the section and devise mechanisms for mitigating them.
• Prepare monthly and annual reports on sectional activities following UEDCL policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Uganda Certificate of Education ( “O’’ level Certificate)
• Should hold a valid driving permit ( Class required B1, and G. Class CE is an added advantage)
• A certificate in defensive driving is an added advantage
• Experience of not less than 3 years in handling heavy vehicles
• Able to communicate well (Orally and written)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Only Applications received online will be considered. To apply; upload your CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Address your application to:
The Head Human Resource & Administration, UEDCL Tower,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB : Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Closing Date: All applications MUST be submitted by 30 th July 2022. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.