Job Title: – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021 Driver
Organization: GIZ Uganda
GIZ Uganda Profile:
GIZ-RELAPU is a bilateral project of the Republic of Uganda and the Federal Republic of Germany funded by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). RELAPU aims “to improve access to land as a key precondition for poverty and hunger reduction in rural areas for certain population groups, especially for women and marginalized groups, in Central and Eastern Uganda”. GIZ-RELAPU received co-funding by the European Union for the implementation of a project component on Improvement of Land Governance in Uganda on private Mailo in the districts of Mubende, Kassanda and Mityana in Central Uganda. GIZ is recruiting a Driver to support the implementation of its programme.
Carrying out vehicle maintenance checks. Delivering packages to customers in a timely manner. Picking up office purchases or other administrative needs. Utilizing navigation apps to find the most optimal route.
A. Key Responsibilities
The Driver will be in charge of;
- Safe and responsible driving of office vehicles.
- Routine maintenance and care of office vehicles.
- Takes careful note of all available information concerning street conditions, effective routes and locations.
- Running of official errands and assisting with other office services
B. Specific Tasks
Driving and Chauffeuring
- Drive office vehicles safely and chauffeur GIZ employees, official visitors and guests to official destinations.
- Assists in the transport of goods.
Maintenance of Cars
- Regularly cleans the inside and outside of the office vehicle.
- Checks oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 km whichever comes earlier; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs.
- I mmediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any , even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
- Logs in vehicle movement in vehicle logbook correctly & accurately on a daily basis and registers each monthly check.
- Compiles driver reports on condition of vehicle.
- Uses all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations) to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations daily.
- Exchanges this information with other drivers.
- Wears proper attire.
- Serves all passengers in a friendly manner.
- Runs errands for the GIZ Office e.g. delivery of letters/messages, payment of bills, and makes minor purchases as directed.
- Is responsible for official documents in vehicle.
- Is responsible for a special petty cash and submits vouchers for accounting on a monthly basis.
- Does not use, at any time , the car for his/her own private purposes. Such misuse of the vehicle is considered a serious misconduct, and will immediately lead to a warning and may result in dismissal.
- Does not drink alcohol before and during working hours.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- If there is no outside driving activity, s/he stands by in the office, supports other colleagues in case of need, and does other office work as assigned.
- Reports any incident whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving licence entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive.
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (“A” Level)
- Holds a valid driver’s licence.
- At least 3 years of working experience as a driver, with references.
- Experience in driving in difficult terrain.
- No history of major accidents within the past 3 years Excellent English and Luganda language skills.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected] Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 18th April 2021.
Application and CV should be in one document including testimonial and/ transcript. please do not attach any other documents.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.