Field Office Coordinator
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kyangwali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, June 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Field Coordinator (Kyangwali and Isingiro)
Reports to: Area Manager Kampala & South West
Supervision of: Support and programme staff in Kyangwali and Isingiro field offices
Duty station: Kyangwali and Isingiro
Travel: 50% travel at field levels within the South West Region
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of extensions
• Administration of the field office
• Monitor the core competency activities to ensure adherence to strategies and plans
• Adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
• Training and development of staff
• Local level advocacy
• Monitor and evaluate the local security situation
• Represent NRC, including cooperation with the UN, partners and authorities
• Organize the local procurement processes and transport
• Facilitate filed Support Budget, area level budgets, including support cost which including managing and monitoring field support in accordance to NRC financial policies and procedures.
• Line management for support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics/ICT
• Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
• Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
• In charge with the support of the all stake holder’s relationship/coordination management with the area with the support of the Area manager and CC coordinators
• In Charge/management of the programs support functions/access for programs related/security within his or her area of operations with the guidance of the area manager
• In charge of internal and external representations meetings with the support of the Area Manager in his or her area of operations
• In charge of the bases over all operations managements in the absence of the area manager/Act as NRC representative at field level with the backup of the Areas manager
• Ensure that all organisational policies are understood and being followed by NRC staff in the field location. This include financial, Human resource, security, logistics, standard Operational procedures and Employee Terms and Conditions.
• Oversee and coordinate the management of the Kyangwali and Isingiro support budgets and perform Executive monitoring of the program budget, and ensure sufficient budget management tools are in place for the field office.
• Participate in reviewing and updating Area programme in accordance with the changing needs of host community and refugees in South West region.
• Participate in the Grants Opening Meeting, after action review meeting, quarterly review meeting and ensure the project cycle management is followed by all CC with the project location.
• Ensure strong donor compliance, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and quality control procedures are understood and entrenched in all Core Competency projects and honestly raise challenges and issues faced at the field level to Project Manager /Project Coordinators and Area Manager.
Generic professional competencies:
• Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Project or Support Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context,
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalence is required.
• Previous experience from working in complex refugee or internally displaced context required
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Valid driver’s license
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Knowledge of the context in Uganda in particular South West
• Experience with start-up and development of transitional programs from emergency to development.
• Experience in setting up emergency operations
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Managing performance and development
• Strategic thinking
• Empowering and building trust
• Planning and delivering results.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link to apply: https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/requisitions/preview/1908