Jobs at:Dia Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2021
Within Uganda , Adjumani , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: FARM MANAGER/AGRONOMIST
Department: Crop Production
Duty Location: Farm based -Ezewa, Pakele Subcounty-Adjumani District
Contract duration: 12 months, Renewable
Report to: Managing Director
Scope of work:
This position is responsible for the day-to-date planning, organization, coordination, supervision and administration of all activities on farm and other associated enterprises. A successful candidate will be required to provide technical guidance on the use of scientific methods and techniques for improving crop farming, processing, soil management, agri-business market analysis as well as carry out economic evaluation and environmental impact of specific crops managed by the company.
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in agronomy, crop science, agricultural science, Agricultural systems and management or Agribusiness.
• At least 2-5 years of field experience of working in a medium to large crop/livestock production farm.
• High analytical and quantitative skills for program design, budget planning and monitoring of program results.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-pressure work environment.
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural and remote settings
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems vii. Ability to read, analyse, and interpret the most complex documents.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Valid driver’s license x. Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications should be submitted together with academic credentials & CV (not Exceeding 3 pages), Motivation Letter and 3 References written in English to: [email protected] Deadline for submission is June 20th 2021 ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS SHALL BE CONTACTED