Job Title: Driver – Ecological Christian Organisation Jobs 2021
Organization: Ecological Christian Organisation
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Program Officer
Ecological Christian Organisation Profile
Ecological Christian Organization (ECO) is a national, non-partisan, Non-Governmental Organization legally registered in Uganda under registration (number S.5914/5509). The head offices are located on Plot 2140, Old Kira Road, Bukoto Kampala-Uganda. The organisation aims to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future. ECO supports communities and the country and global sustainable development agendas through the core programs of Natural Resources Governance, Climate Change and Resilience and Ecosystems Restoration and Management. Find out more at www.ecouganda.org
About the Project
The Ecological Christian Organisation (ECO) working in collaboration with the Uganda Biodiversity Fund (UBF), Nature Uganda (NU) and the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is implementing a 4 year European Union funded project ‘Restoring and Conserving degraded fragile ecosystems for improved Community Livelihoods among the Refugee and Host Communities of West Nile Region and the mid-Albertine Rift.’ The project aims to improve livelihoods and ecosystems resilience to impacts of refugees and climate change in refugee hosting landscapes in the above mentioned areas. ECO will particularly be implementing its component of the project in the new district of Terego in West Nile where it will undertake interventions on: agro-forestry/Sustainable Land Management, woodlot establishment, capacity building of project stakeholders, and restoration of woodlands in pursuit of the overall objective. This project requires the necessary support in terms of relevant personnel who will facilitate its smooth implementation.
The Driver is mainly responsible for driving the office vehicle, ensuring safety and routine maintenance of the assigned ECO vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organisation. The incumbent will be required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive ECO vehicle/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with ECO Vehicle Use & Management Policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with ECO policies.
- Keep the assigned vehicles free from damage and in good running condition by ensuring Physical inspection/check of vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs
- Ensure that the vehicle is clean consistently
- Prepare monthly and periodic reports on vehicle status and recommendations for repair and maintenance.
- Comply with Traffic Regulations and procedures
- Keep and have safe custody of the vehicle documents and key
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor
- Perform any other official duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- The ideal candidate for the job placement should hold an Ordinary level certificate in education with at least three years relevant experience preferably in an NGO with a DL and E classes’ license.
- A valid Driving Permit minimum class CM.
- Ready to travel to the field from time to time
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Available and willing to work extra hours
- Good knowledge of West Nile
- Excellent Knowledge of car mechanics.
- Good knowledge of English and local language e.g. Lugbara or Madi
How To Apply for Ecological Christian Organisation Jobs 2021
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to [email protected] and copy to [email protected] , stating the position title in the subject line of the email
ECO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 th August 2021 at 5:00 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.