Driver, West Nile
Jobs at:Save the Children International
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2022
Within Uganda , Obongi , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Driver will be responsible for driving Save the Children vehicles, collecting and delivering goods and documents as well as people on Save the Children business safely and efficiently to their destinations in line with Save the Children Policy and procedures. The Driver may also be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
Key areas of accountability include:
• Drive Save the Children vehicles to collect and deliver people, documents and goods to their destinations safely and on time, in line with Save the Children policy and guidelines.
• Maintain the vehicle(s) in a clean and sound condition and ensure its safety at all times in line with Save the Children Policy and guidelines.
• Ensure that the vehicle is mechanically attended to and is properly checked for oil, water, fan belt tension, brake fluid, etc before leaving for tours, including recommendations (to management) vehicle service in line with Save the Children policy and guidelines.
• Maintain an up to date mileage log book and submit to the Supervisor on a monthly basis in line with Save the Children policy.
• Ensure that the road license and insurance are valid and renewed on time in line with traffic regulations and Save the Children policy.
• Ensure that the vehicle’s tools and spare wheel are kept in the vehicle and in good order at all times in accordance to Save the Children policy.
• Report any damage to the vehicle or defects arising at the earliest possible time to the supervisor (Supply Chain Officer) and to the policy as required in line with the traffic regulations and Save the Children policy.
• Follow travel instructions and observe all traffic regulations/ laws in place, where needs arise advise on the possible breach of traffic regulations/ laws in line with Save the Children policy and guidelines.
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children in this role you will need to have:
• Minimum qualification of at least O – level. Certificate in development work / project management or relevant field is an added advantage.
• At least five years relevant experience preferably in an International NGO
• Classes DM, DL, CM and B license held for at least three years
• Ability to read and write English
• Good interpersonal/communication skills
• Ready to travel to the field from time to time
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
• Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found HERE . Qualified candidates from West Nile Region are strongly encouraged to apply.
• We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
• Application closes on 22nd July 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
• Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.