Driver - RELAPU
Deadline of this Job:
18 April 2021
Within Uganda , Mityana , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
GIZ-RELAPU is a bilateral project of the Republic of Uganda and the Federal Republic of Germany funded by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). RELAPU aims to improve access to land as a key precondition for poverty and hunger reduction in rural areas for certain population groups, especially for women and marginalized groups, in Central and Eastern Uganda". GIZ-RELAPU received co-funding by the European Union for the implementation of a project component on Improvement of Land Governance in Uganda on private Mailo in the districts of Mubende, Kassanda and Mityana in Central Uganda.
GIZ is recruiting a Driver to support the implementation of its programme.
Job Title: Driver - RELAPU
Reports to: Head of Administration, GIZ RELAPU
Job Location: Mityana ILGU Office
Contract duration : 01/06/2021 - 31/12/2021
Ref. No: GIZ - RELAPU /D/042113
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place. .
A. Key Responsibilities:
The Driver will be in charge of;
• Safe and responsible driving of office vehicles
• Routine maintenance and care of office vehicles
• Takes careful note of all available information concerning street conditions,
effective routes and locations
• Running of official errands and assisting with other office services
B. Specific Tasks Driving and Chauffeuring:
• Drive office vehicles safely and chauffeur GIZ employees, official visitors and guests to official destinations.
• Assists in the transport of goods.
Maintenance of Cars:
• Regularly cleans the inside and outside of the office vehicle.
• Checks oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 km whichever comes earlier; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
• Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs.
• Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
• Logs in vehicle movement in vehicle logbook correctly & accurately on a daily basis and registers each monthly check.
• Compiles driver reports on condition of vehicle.
• Uses all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations) to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations daily.
• Exchanges this information with other drivers
• Wears proper attire
• Serves all passengers in a friendly manner
• Runs errands for the GIZ Office e.g. delivery of letters/messages, payment of bills,
and makes minor purchases as directed
• Is responsible for official documents in vehicle
• Is responsible for a special petty cash and submits vouchers for accounting on a
• Does not use, at any time, the car for his/her own private purposes. Such misuse
of the vehicle is considered a serious misconduct, and will immediately lead to a
warning and may result in dismissal
• Does not drink alcohol before and during working hours.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
• If there is no outside driving activity, s/he stands by in the office, supports other
colleagues in case of need, and does other office work as assigned
• Reports any incident whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving license entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive
• Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience Qualifications
• Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education ("A" Level)
• Holds a valid driver's license
• At least 3 years of working experience as a driver, with references
• Experience in driving in difficult terrain
• No history of major accidents within the past 3 years Excellent English and Luganda language skills.
Other knowledge, additional competences:
• Possession of a valid driver's license
• Excellent English and Luganda language skills
• Discipline and punctuality
• Possesses good Stress tolerance and patience levels.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
How to apply: All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected] Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 18th April 2021.
Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage of the recruitment process.
This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd.