Jobs at:Nsamizi Training Institute for Social Development
Deadline of this Job:
03 March 2021
Within Uganda , Kamwenge , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Nsamizi-UNHCR Project:
Nsamizi is an Implementing Partner (IP) for UNHCR that positively contributes IOWBTGS improving sustainable living standards of refugees and other Persons of Concern, through; Provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods and Environment & Energy services in refugee and hosting populations. With funding from UNHCR, Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development, is to carryout recruitment of staff to work on its UNHCR funded project in lnsingiro, Kyegegwa and Kamwenge Districts.
Nsamizi is looking for mature, quali?ed and experienced persons for the following position;
Job Title: Driver
Place of Assignment: Kamwenge
Reports to: Assistant Logistics Officer
Job Summary: The Environment and Energy Officer will primarily ensure the implementation of all Energy and Environment interventions in the areas of operation. He/she is responsible for roll-out and implementation of project activities and facilitate quality impact-focus interventions. He/she will be responsible for the development, ongoing support, continuing development, and daily technical backstopping of all Energy and Environment activities. He/she will also work closely with all team members. partners, counterparts and stakeholders in ensuring project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive project vehicles to give service to Staff as required and given schedule by the Assistant Logistics Officer
• Carry out basic security checks on the vehicles that he/she uses before starting driving and at the end of the day. (Battery water, fuel & oil levels, radiator water, Tyre pressure condition, etc.)
• Ensure the vehicle meets the maintenance schedule and should inform the Assistant Logistics Officer of any faults as and they occur
• Maintain neat & accurate records of all journeys in the vehicle logbook.
• Carry out the daily vehicle check and inventory.
• Report immediately any damage or accident to the Assistant logistics Officer correct procedures in the case of the accident, incident or complaints
• Responsible for the collection. storage, transport and ?nal delivery of all goods in his/ her vehicle
Required Quali?cations, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal applicant must hold an O Level Certi?cate
• A Minimum of valid driving licenses -A, B, DL
• Good command of the English language
• Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field,
• Ability to work ?exibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
• very good Knowledge and application of the country's as well as organizations Driving, Road Transport St Traffic regulations
• Team-oriented, ?exible and keen to take initiative
• Ability to communicate with impact and Respect
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: O Level Certi?cate
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All quali?ed Candidates should hand deliver an application letter, curriculum vitae and all academic documents to:
Nsamizi Training Institute for Social Development,
P. 0. Box 149, Mpigi.
Address: Mpigi campus