Jobs at:Mercy Corps
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2022
Within Uganda , Gulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The driver will provide safe, transport services for MC program and support staff in Gulu Office District. The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.The position will most intensively support the FCDO funded Climate Smart Jobs programme being implemented in Northern Uganda with an office in Gulu.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Operate MC Vehicles as assigned by supervisor.
• Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations.
• Check the vehicle conditions before and after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to the transport management.
• Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor.
• Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
• Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use always.
• Assist, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads.
• Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business.
• Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis.
• Do the regular service and maintenance of vehicles and motorbikes
• Undertake field assignments as assigned.
• Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals.
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Must have a UCE (O-Level) certificate
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience driving 4WD vehicles.
• Certificate in defensive driving is essential
• Valid class B drivers’ license as a minimum and good experience driving 4X4 vehicles.
• Knowledge of driving in less secure and harsh environment
• Must be knowledgeable and obedient to the traffic and safety act of Uganda.
• Good understanding of English is required both written and spoken.
• Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community.
• Must know NGO vehicle policies and regulations.
• Must know what preventative maintenance is required for their vehicle.
• Must know basic first aid techniques.
• Must know the actions to be taken in the event of an accident.
• Must be able to change a wheel and do minor repairs and vehicle servicing.
• Must know how to use all accessories such as HF / VHF radios, winches etc
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link here