Driver – Gulu, Uganda – ICYD Activity
Jobs at:Education Development Center (EDC)
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Within Uganda , Gulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Essential functions include (but are not limited to):
• Provide transportation using EDC vehicles of goods, staff, and other authorized passengers in accordance with EDC policies and procedures.
• Conduct daily operation and maintenance to the vehicle assigned to the driver in a manner that ensures the highest degree of safety possible for the vehicle and its passengers.
• Keep accurate and up to date records using the vehicle and fuel log sheets provided.
• Inspect and be vigilant at all times for the detection of any faults and/or damage to the assigned vehicle, whether accidental or otherwise, and submit a written report of such faults and damage as soon as possible to the Supervisor.
• Ensure that EDC policies and procedures for safe vehicle operation and risk mitigation, such as proper use of door locks, parking in secure locations and timing of trips, are followed.
• Submit to the Supervisor the monthly vehicle utilization report summarizing vehicle/fuel use and vehicle repair/maintenance. This report will be accompanied by the fuel and vehicle log sheets for the period of the report.
• Prepare and submit the Weekly Control Sheet to the Supervisor for review and schedule repairs and maintenance, as necessary.
• Willing to accept additional responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
The candidate for the position of Driver shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
• Minimum of a UCE certificate or its equivalent, proof of training in defensive driving and basic computer skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with all classes and a safe driving record with no traffic violations.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a professional driver with a reputable organization; experience working on a USAID financed project is a plus.
• Good awareness and commitment to follow all local and national driving laws, rules and regulations.
• High level of integrity and attention to detail.
• Ability to proficiently read, speak and write in English.
• Experience driving four-wheel drive vehicles and driving on unpaved rural roads.
• Practical experience in maintaining vehicles and conducting minor repairs.
• Ability to make frequent up-country travels, often long-distance and sometimes overnight.
• Must have excellent inter-personal skills.
• Ability to remain calm in high-stress situations such as road accidents, bad weather conditions and impatient drivers.
• Must be reliable, dependable, flexible and willing to work beyond routine hours.
• Previous training in safe vehicle operation/defensive driving preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
To apply please click HERE