Driver - Adjumani (National Position)
Jobs at:LWF World Service
Deadline of this Job:
13 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWF Uganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, UNICEF, IOM, UNFPA, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BfTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors.
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
The LWF Uganda Program is looking for qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position;
Job Title: Driver.
No. of Positions: One (1)
Duty Stations: Adjumani
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Starting Date: ASAP
Duration of Contract: 1 year contract (with a possibility of extension)
Closing Date for Applications: 13th August, 2021.
Under the guidance of the Logistics Officer, the Driver is in charge of the general maintenance of LWF motor vehicles and ensuring the safety and security of authorized passengers, cargo, equipment and tools on board.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining the assigned motor vehicle and its accessories (log books, jacks, wheel spanners, spare tires, etc.) in good working order and clean condition and makes a thorough daily check of its mechanical condition (e.g. battery, fuel, water, oil, brake fluid, tire pressure, etc.), and promptly reports any fault, damage or loss;
• Checking regularly and ensures that vehicles have valid road license and motor third party insurance, and assists as required in following up their processing and collection from the banks, insurance companies, and Uganda Revenue Authority offices;
• Conveying staff, visitors and any other authorized personnel on official duty as well as program equipment and materials a safe and secure manner;
• Run errands to collect and deliver mail, parcels, etc. as may be assigned;
• Monitoring the vehicle fuel gauge constantly, and reports any need for re-fueling in good time;
• Making a daily record of trips in the vehicle log book, particularly departure/arrival times and mileage readings, as well as vehicle repairs/service and fuel and lubricants consumption, and reports the due service mileage in good time;
• Verifying repair/service done by a mechanic on return of vehicle from a garage;
• Ensuring the safety of the vehicle while on trips;
• Assists in loading/off-loading of project materials onto/from the assigned vehicle;
• Complies strictly with the official highway code and traffic rules and regulations while driving, as well as the relevant LWF policies and procedures;
• Promptly reports to the office and/or the police all accidents and problems encountered while on duty;
• Ensuring that all vehicle doors and windows are securely locked after working hours, prior to handing over the keys.
• Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor.
• Ensures strict adherence to the principles of child protection/psychosocial support at all times including respect for confidentiality and a child centered approach, and act in the best interests of the persons of concern.
• Commitments to and understanding of LWF aims, values and principles including rights-based approach.
• The staff must ensure that organization assets are maintained and taken care of.
Education, Experience, Skills and Technical Competences:
The Applicant for the Driver’s job placement should hold a Certificate of Education (UCE) from a recognized and registered institution, At least have 2-3 years of professional driving experience in field operations on murram roads with the ability to work under pressure/emergency situations, proven knowledge on the use of manual vehicles, have a good command of the English language and ability to communicate effectively (written/spoken), have good report writing skills, a team player and Must possess a valid class DL driving permit.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://www.lutheranworld.org/What_We_Do/OP/Vacancies.html#op-464051-driver-adjumani-national-position