Since 1998, Green road International Logistics has grown into one of the top freight forwarders specialized in project cargo around the world. With AAA enterprise credit rating and ISO90001 certification, more than 50 of our branches are excited to provide a reliable and flexible global logistics solution.
Floor/Suite No:3 plot No:71C street Kimera Road Naguru, nakawa, Kampala district Uganda
The Declaration Officer will accurately prepare and process error-free customs entries on behalf of the company within the laid down legal and statutory requirements for the customs clearance procedure
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and make declarations of customs entries within agreed service levels
- Prepare worksheets, therefore, ensure that is well conversant with classification
- Ensure data has been entered accurately into the Asycuda system
- Ensure taxes payables have been captured correctly
- Scrutinize, Confirm and re-confirm and ensure the HS codes and Incoterms are accurately applied before lodging customs entries
- Ensure the Customs entries are prepared with Zero errors
- Promptly communicate discrepancies/ issues to the operations Manager when necessary.
- Closely follow up to ensure taxes have been promptly paid
- Promptly process shipping manifests from the airline handling centers for airfreight and the shipping lines for sea freight through the Client Services department, Mombasa Operations Team or any other source as applicable
- Compare and ensure manifested details tally with the shipping documents
- Identify and escalate recurring or consistent problems with systems functionality
- Monitor and ensure entries have been processed at the Document Processing Centre once payment has been made
- Perform quality assurance on work processed and prepare a daily report to all ongoing declarations
- Effectively handle all issues arising from disputes over tariff and valuation at any stage of clearance
- Regularly provide advice to Clients, Client Services team on Tax estimates as per the KPIs
- Ensure departmental and individual objectives are achieved
- Promptly investigate and resolve customers’ complaints and escalate if appropriate to the Operations Manager.
- Establish and process the required permits as required
Any other duty as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- A Minimum of 3 years experience in the same capacity
- Highly conversant with ASYCUDA system, URA Web portal, URA help tool and Single windows
- A minimum EACFFPC or Diploma would be an advantage in Clearing and Forwarding
- Knowledge and experience in freight forwarding experience would be an advantage
- Experience and full understanding of Airfreight and Sea freight clearance procedures
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & amp; exports knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Uganda, East and Central Africa.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality.
- Ability to generate and write daily reports
- Excellent knowledge of different customs online systems in East and Central Africa such as TANCIS, ASYCUDA, SIMBA, KENTRADE, and TRADEX systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A very fast learner and attention to details • Initiative and self-motivated
- Working in a dynamic environment
- Flexible as the situation demand
- Working with people of different nature and cultures (team player).
- Working under minimum supervision