Job Title: Project Controller – Cordaid Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Cordaid Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Cordaid Uganda Profile:
Cordaid is an international NGO, that believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for just and sustainable societies where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise, and solidarity across borders. We aim at maximizing our social impact and contributing to systemic change. We operate where natural disasters strike, where conflicts tear up communities and where lack of opportunities and service delivery keep families in extreme poverty. Cordaid has been active in Uganda for over 25 years; and our programmes currently focus on three thematic areas: resilience, investments and humanitarian aid.
Cordaid is a member of the international Catholic networks Caritas and CIDSE and we are active in worldwide civil society networks. We work in around 30 countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia.
The Project Controller is responsible for the financial control of projects and compliance to contractual agreements. He/She will also organise split of functions/finance responsibilities and will work in close collaboration with the finance team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess contract with donors and (consortium) partners. Clarifies the chance on running risks (for instance on ineligibility of costs) and defines potential impact and control measures in discussions with management. Translates results into a risk analysis report. Reports on progress of corresponding action and ensures compliance with the contractual agreements.
- Develops project budgets in coordination with program managers for presentations to donors. Makes sure that cost recovery is guaranteed and the correct Cordaid tools, data and forms are being used. Sets up the cash planning in close cooperation with the Accounting department.
- Keeps the implementation of projects in focus and assesses the financial management and results. Intervenes in time and appropriately when financial management does not go according to plan. Keeps the cash planning up to date.
- Guides and advises country offices and partners in such a way that they effectively and efficiently run the project and meet the reporting requirements. Promotes economic sustainability and expertise of country offices and partners.
- Develops, maintains, and delivers training on compliance issues in order to realize sufficient compliance knowledge, a positive attitude towards compliance and improved compliance behavior
- Supports the organization in collecting all necessary information for audits in time. Prepares the audits and ensures a high quality for accountability material.
- Ensures that recommendations from in- and external audits are implemented and disseminated throughout the organization.
- Ensures that his / her own costs are being recovered, either in the by the Business used manhour tariffs or by charging the activities to donor contracts directly.
- Collects and shares best practices and lessons learned matching the needs/interests of the target group. Evaluates effects and initiates continuous improvement.
- Managing the relationship with the donors.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
Key Result Areas
- Risk analysis
- Project budgeting
- Financial project data management
- Financial quality of partners
- Compliance knowledge
- Information audits
- Audit related improvements
- Cost Recovery
- Donor relationship management
- Knowledge of Business Economics/Finance on master’s level.
- Knowledge of project management, planning & control, administrative processes, donor requirements and relevant languages.
- Knowledge of the mission, vision, values, goals, structure, program strategies, regions, and the strategy of Cordaid.
- Excellent planning skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience in managing, negotiating and resolving highly complex tasks, awards and award-related issues in an effective manner.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information and data.
- Entrepreneurial and responding to opportunities.
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of policies and working procedures of institutional donors.
- Behavioral values and skills: trust, accountability, problem solving, cooperation, flexibility, creativity, innovative, diplomatic, results-oriented, collaboration, independent team worker.
- Social skills to realize a positive attitude towards compliance and improvements in compliant behavior, and to accompany and direct partners with financial management of the organization and projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with ability to develop training material and to define unambiguous internal agreements, and to formulate opinions on financial frameworks and the preparation of project budgets and financial reports.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work demands.
- Able to meet competing priorities, demanding deadlines and work under pressure.
- Able to maintain strong working relationships with key donors.
- Has strong planning and time management skills, multi-task & adapt to frequent changing priorities.
- Has strong analytical skills and in depth understanding of strategies (ability to link donor priorities and Cordaid strategy)
- Personal commitment to Cordaid’s philosophy, work, and mission
How To Apply for Cordaid Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 7th June 2021 at 11:55 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .