Construction Projects Supervisor
Jobs at:CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
04 June 2021
Within Uganda , Mbale , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Construction Projects Supervisor
Reports Directly to: Operations Manage
Staff Reporting to Position: Provides indirect supervision to contractors and work crews
Job Purpose: To oversee a variety of assignments of construction, remodeling, and renovation of buildings and facilities at CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Conduct inspections on assigned projects to ensure quality work.
• Liaise on a regular basis with contractors to ensure that projects are progressing within scope, schedule, and within budget. Direct contractors on the interpretation of plans and specifications.
• Maintain and provide adequate records of progress, redline drawings, quantities, change orders, delays, and other pertinent factors affecting projects including regular photographs of progress. All records and documentation to be stored in the CURE Project Management Google Drive.
• Have regular progress meetings with operations manager and Executive Director.
• Assist in the implementation of programs and strategies designed to create and maintain safe, functional, secure, and orderly facilities to ensure efficient and economical operation.
• To ensure reasonable accommodations on buildings and facilities be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Monitoring and maintenance role
• Performs periodic assessments of existing buildings and facilities to ascertain their condition, and prepares reports depicting the condition, observed deficiencies, and needed repairs.
• Makes prioritized recommendations to the Executive Director and/or operations manager as to projects needing attention.
• Research, define and propose facilities system improvements, for example, life safety, fire and smoke alarms, alarms, emergency egress lighting, etc.
• Monitor and Evaluate preventative maintenance activities and protocols.
• Spiritual Ministry participation
• Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs.
Occupational Health & Safety function
• All staff are expected to work in such a way that does not cause injury to themselves, other staff members or customers.
• Following & complying with H&S policies, processes & applying them to their own work activities, including using/wearing Personal Protective Equipment as required.
• Participating in activities directed at preventing harm & promoting well-being in the workplace Identifying, reporting & self-managing hazards where appropriate.
• Early and accurate reporting of incidents at work and raising issues of concern when identified.
Any other official duties
• This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field.
• Minimum of two (2) years of building project experience in the areas of major and minor projects, remodeling, and renovation.
• Previous healthcare construction experience preferred.
• Attention to Details – Able to be alert in a high-risk environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details, and organize and maintain a system of records.
• Communication Skills – Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; listen well.
• Customer Focus – Able to control one’s own time and the time of direct reports; prepare budgets and spend money wisely; ensure that people have needed equipment; identify and fulfill staffing needs.
• Systematic Problem Solving – Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
• Resource Management – Able to apply systems thinking to generate solutions; focus on process rather than isolated events; obtain multiple assessments of a situation and be systematic in identifying trouble spots; use tools to define problems; evaluate alternative solutions.
• High Level of Integrity, Good stewardship of work resources, Christ Witness.
• Analytical and critical Thinking
• Proactive, Self-driven and Results oriented
• Thoroughness and Excellence
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a co-worker encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The co-worker must perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a co-worker to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
The co-worker must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the co-worker is required to:
Occasionally use fine finger dexterity/
Occasionally reach with hands and arms
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants must submit their documents as a single combined pdf file to include: cover letter, CV/Resume, Salary history, references, and for Nurses include a copy of registration, a current practicing license; diploma in Nursing or registered comprehensive nursing (with Distinction or Credit) from a recognized institution, and minimum working experience of 2 years to CURE’s Human Resources Manager by: Email: [email protected]
Postal Address: P.O. Box 903, Mbale
or hand deliver to CURE Children’s Hospital, Plot 97-103 Bugwere Road, Mbale.
Further information may be obtained by calling 045-4435273.
The deadline for receipt of all applications is June 4, 2021 5:00pm.
These positions are full-time and based in Mbale.
Please take note that CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviews, reference verification, appointment, training or any other fees).
CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondences or any loss of money which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment scams.
Those who have already submitted applications for the above positions to CURE you do not need to resubmit.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. All forms of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.