Jobs at:CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
04 June 2021
Within Uganda , Mbale , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Maintenance Technician –Carpenter
Reports Directly to: Maintenance In-Charge
Staff Reporting to Position: None
To construct, repair and maintain wooden structures such as assistive devices, furniture, equipment, wall partitions and other parts of hospital buildings; using hand and power tools according to written and oral instructions.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Periodically inspects hospital furniture, wooden structures and building framework consisting of wood or metal for any damages and recommend maintenance/repair/replacement plan
• Calculates quantity of materials needed, selects stock, tools and supplies for the repair of hospital the carpentry works in the hospital.
• Construct and or supervises the making of hospital furniture, wooden structures and building framework consisting of wood or metal, using power and hand tools
• Repairs Hospital furniture, wooden structures and building framework consisting of wood or metal.
• Makes assistive devices for the physiotherapy department according written and oral instructions provided by the physiotherapist
• Assists procurement in identifying and purchase of quality materials, supplies, tools and equipment needed for the carpentry work.
• Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, plumbers etc during implementation or execution of carpentry related works
Inventory monitoring function
• Maintains an inventory of all carpentry tools and equipment in the hospital and ensures they are kept in a good working condition
Spiritual Ministry participation
• Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs.
Occupational Health & Safety observed
• Maintains a clean and organized working area- free from any hazards. Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
• All staff are expected to work in such a way that does not cause injury to themselves, other staff members or patients.
• Following & complying with H&S policies, processes & applying them to your own work activities, including using/wearing Personal Protective Equipment as required.
• Participating in activities directed at preventing harm & promoting well-being in the workplace Identifying, reporting & self-managing hazards where appropriate.
• Early and accurate reporting of incidents at work and raising issues of concern when identified.
Other duty function
• Performs any other related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• A certificate in Carpentry and Joinery. A diploma is an added advantage
• Knowledge and ability to make patients’ assistive devices for physiotherapy is an added advantage
• 5 years of work experience
• Building Skills
• Ability to use electrical tools
• Ability to organize and priorities job/work orders
Essential personal attributes and aptitudes
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Positive and welcoming attitude.
• Adherence to Christian ethos.
• Exhibit high qualities of honesty, integrity, confidentiality in handling hospital matters
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Applicants must submit their documents as a single combined pdf file to include: cover letter, CV/Resume, Salary history, references, and for Nurses include a copy of registration, a current practicing license; diploma in Nursing or registered comprehensive nursing (with Distinction or Credit) from a recognized institution, and minimum working experience of 2 years to CURE’s Human Resources Manager by: Email: [email protected]
Postal Address: P.O. Box 903, Mbale
or hand deliver to CURE Children’s Hospital, Plot 97-103 Bugwere Road, Mbale.
Further information may be obtained by calling 045-4435273.
The deadline for receipt of all applications is June 4, 2021 5:00pm.
These positions are full-time and based in Mbale.
Please take note that CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviews, reference verification, appointment, training or any other fees).
CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondences or any loss of money which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment scams.
Those who have already submitted applications for the above positions to CURE you do not need to resubmit.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. All forms of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.