Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Cardno International Development Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Cardno International Development
Job Location: Adjumani
Duration of Contract: 1-year contract (with possibility for extension)
Cardno International Development Profile:
Cardno International Development (ID) manages a number of donor-funded programs throughout the world and engages in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact. Cardno has implemented more than 120 projects in Uganda.
The USAID Feed the Future Uganda Institutional and Systems Strengthening (ISS) Activity is a five-year Activity implemented by Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. The goal of the Activity is for key national level Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and industry apex organizations (IAOs) that are vital to driving inclusive agriculture-led economic growth to fulfill their mandate, leading to pathways to prosperity, improved resilience, and better nutrition for the people of Uganda. The purpose of the Activity is to improve the performance and structures of MDAs and IAOs. This purpose will be achieved through the following four objectives: (1) Improve the internal processes of selected MDAs and IAOs, making them more responsive to the needs of their consumers, members, and the general public; (2) Improve the policy framework that supports the functionality of selected MDAs and IAOs; (3) Strengthen key capacity elements of select MDAs and IAOs to perform their mandates; and (4) Strengthen the “structures” or key vertical and horizontal linkages within, between and among institutions so that they work together more effectively to achieve their goals.
The Admin. Assistant will support logistical and administrative components of the Activity, including travel coordination, accommodation reservations, record-keeping, store management, ordering supplies and maintaining office space. She/he will provide logistical support to events / conferences as need arises.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position requires a well-organized person to support office management and procurement processes. S/he will:
- Support service providers delivering cleaning services to the Activity to ensure the general cleanliness of the office and all its surroundings.
- Oversee use and availability of office supplies – tea/coffee, drinking water, hand sanitizers etc for staff and official visitors.
- Maintain the inventory of office supplies and coordinate additional procurement of items as needed.
- Requestion for and maintain proper use of office petty cash in line with the finance manual.
- Greet visitors at the reception area and notify concerned staff of the presence of visitors. Take proper message for the person when she/he is not available.
- Maintain an updated register for all visitors and in line with COVID 19 SOPs.
- Keep track of the notice board to inform boardroom(s) use and support to arrange for meetings based on meeting reservations and details provided.
- Prevent crowding of staff and visitors in the reception area.
- Maintain an updated staff contact list and a telephone directory of key stakeholders – Ministry Department Agencies, Industry Apex Organizations, USAID and other Implementing partners.
- Develop and standardize procedures for receipt of and use of office procurements.
- Assist in tagging and tracking project equipment.
- Support staff with travel reservations and arrangements for staff / international short-term personnel.
- Organize relevant meetings, appointments, conferences, workshops, seminars and etc for program staff;
- Arrange regular program staff meetings under the guidance, take minutes at meetings as required and distribute to concerned parties.
- Manage log sheets of local supplies – newspapers, office cleaners, vehicle hire services etc
- Requisition for staff airtime and modem data by every 25th of the month
- Any other tasks assigned by respective supervisor/s from time to time.
- University degree or diploma in secretarial studies
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an equivalent position with international organizations.
- Work experienced with USAID funded project is a plus.
- Must be a Ugandan citizen.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time sensitive requests
- Fluency in English
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel), Google Applications/products, and other common software applications.
Estimated Period of Performance:
The opening is a full-time position and will require staff time of 40 hours a week.
This is a long-term position and is based in Kampala.
The Admin. Assistant will report to the Operations Specialist
How To Apply for Cardno International Development Uganda Jobs
Send your application via [email protected]
Deadline: 25th June 2021 at 4:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.