Boarding House Matron
Jobs at:Rainbow International School
Deadline of this Job:
15 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BOARDING HOUSE MATRON
Needed for August/September 2021
Rainbow International School is a coeducational 2 – 18 years day and boarding school in Kampala.
We are looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic individual, with not less than three years of experience working with children (6 – 18), ideally in an educational setting, to join us as our Boarding Matron in August/September 2021. *This is a local hire position.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• We are looking for a house matron who will be employed full time to work with and support the children in terms of hygiene, health, discipline and emotional concerns. The post will be a live-in/single resident post (six days a week) with one day off in a week (spent outside the boarding house). The same arrangement shall apply during the school holidays except during annual leave which shall be spent outside the school premises.
• Should have a caring and nurturing nature but also able to make sure the children stick to clear boundaries and rules. You will need to be able to work as part of a team with a chef and cleaners; being able to direct them and making sure that the boarding house routine is kept in place under the direction of yourself in liaison with the Boys’ boarding parent
• Should have experience and qualifications as a Nurse and be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Association
• The successful candidate should have counselling experience, First Aid and Safeguarding training (or be willing to do a course)
• Good computer literacy with excellent use of MS Office (Excel, Word)
• Excellent communication skills and a very high level of spoken and written English
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The application process is strictly via email: [email protected]
Apply with a detailed CV (with passport photo attached on the top part of the CV) and application letter of no more than two sides typed. Please include the names and contact details of three professional (current and former work related line managers). All applications should be addressed to the Principal (Mr. Derek Jones). Do not attach certificates or recommendation letters at this stage.
For more information about the school please visit our website – www.risu.sc.ug and our Facebook page.
We reserve the right to appoint prior to closing date for the right candidate.
Rainbow International School Uganda is a safer recruitment school and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate Child Protection screening and rigorous background checks (including contacting previous employers). Successful candidates will be asked for a valid National ID, ICPC/Interpol check and/or the equivalent police certificate of good conduct from the country of current residence/employment, certified copies of relevant academic documents and a pre-employment fit for work certificate.