Job Title: 49 Case Workers (Community Based Protection) – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Kyangwali, Kyaka II, Nakivale, Oruchinga and Rwamw, Uganda
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Reporting to the Community Based Protection Assistant, the Community Based Protection Case Worker will be responsible for providing support in all Community Based Protection activities in the field as guided by the community services team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead all community participation activities including road repairs, Persons with specific needs (PSNs)/ Extremely Vulnerable Individuals (EVIs) house construction, monitor PSN usage, clearing and cleaning water sources, renovation and clearing of community shades.
- Report all community activities conducted in villages and have attendance list of community participation.
Support in community mobilization activities of all forms for
- Support in all major translations and facilitation of different activities as and when called upon.
- Conduct follow up field/ home visits to all PSNs and EVIs, reporting regularly their living and health conditions.
- Keep updated information on all PSNs/EVIs in your zone
- Assess and report all relevant and emergency incidents as and when they occur in Community
- Support in all distributions of Food and non-food items to different categories of individual including specific support to PSNs/ EVIs.
- Attend weekly/ monthly community worker meetings and ensure compliance to the agreed standards.
- With guidance and instructions from the Alight protection staff, follow up on all protection related issues.
- A minimum of a Diploma in Social Work, Community Psychology, Education, Development studies or in any relevant field.
- Basic knowledge of community services is desirable
- At least 1-year experience in supporting community work.
- In addition to written and spoken English, must be fluent in Local Languages
- Strong knowledge of the local population and language is A MUST.
- Ability to ride a motorcyle with a valid riding licence.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: May 10th 2022