Job Title: Driver 2 – Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Abt Associates Uganda
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Abt Associates Uganda Profile:
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Driver will operate and maintain project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the program and adhere to the schedule of routine vehicle maintenance. He/ She will Keep detailed records of vehicle movements and maintenance performed. The Project Driver will support the project office by performing general service tasks, repairs, deliveries, etc.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits.
- Transport project equipment, materials, supplies and documents to project sites
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Observe all company vehicle utilization policies and in-country traffic laws.
- Maintain project vehicle, including keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, repairs, and cleaning.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, and tires, maps, and conducting safety and security inspection prior to driving.
- Perform project routine business such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from district office, general office purchasing, and photocopying.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearances and tax exemptions, as directed.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect, and dispatch letters, parcels, and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and ensure Covid-19 standard operating procedures are adhered to by all passengers at all times during travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Abt Associates Inc.
- Secondary School (desirable), a valid driver’s license, and at least 3 years of commercial driving experience.
- Possession of a valid driving license classes B, E and DL,
- Proof of defensive driving and Diploma or Certificate in Auto-Mechanics from a certified institution will be added advantages
- High School Diploma + Two years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
How To Apply for Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 31st December 2021