8 Truck Drivers
Jobs at:Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200.
The Mission of UWA is: “To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.
UWA, an equal opportunity employer wishes to recruit a high caliber, self-motivated and result oriented Ugandan nationals to fill the Position below.
JOB TITLE: TRUCK DRIVER
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
SALARY SCALE: UWA 09
DUTY STATION: FIELD BASED
REPORTS TO: TRANSPORT OFFICER/WARDEN ENGINEER MECHANICAL
VACANCIES: EIGHT (08)
AGE LIMIT: NOT ABOVE 45 YEARS
CONTRACT DURATION: FOUR (4) YEARS RENEWABLE
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for driving Organizational vehicles, ensuring their safety and routine maintenance .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Keep the assigned vehicles free from damage and in good running condition.
• Ensure that the vehicle is clean consistently.
• Ensure that the vehicle is always parked in a proper and safe condition prior and during use, and accept responsibility to promptly report any damage or mechanical malfunctions that exist.
• Drive the vehicle as instructed.
• Ensure the vehicle is well serviced.
• Ensure the safety of its passengers and contents
• Prepare monthly and periodic reports on vehicle status and recommendations for repair and maintenance.
• Comply with Traffic Regulations and procedures.
• Keep and have safe custody of the vehicle documents and keys.
• Ensure that the vehicle is fueled at all times, has correct levels of lubricants and that tyres have the recommended pressure level at all times.
• Carry out any other official duties assigned by their supervisor from time to time and any other legible responsibility as assigned to them by their superiors.
• Should possess either O or A-level school certificate with at least 4 passes at O level.
• A valid Driving Permit minimum class CM and CH.
• A copy of a Certificate of good conduct is required.
Should have at least three (3) years of accident free proven experience with a reputable Organization.
• Time management
• Planning, organising and coordinating
• Customer care
• Ethics and integrity
• Concern for quality and standards
• Time management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates should send their application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae bearing contacts of three (3) competent referees, a daytime telephone contact, copies of academic documents and relevant appointment
letters to the address below:
The Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority
Plot 7 Kira Road Kamwokya
P.0. Box 3530, Kampala Uganda
Hand deliver to the Conservation Area nearest to you i.e. Headquarters, Lake Mburo (Minekye), Kidepo Valley (Geremech), Murchison Falls (Mubako), Kibale(lsunga), Queen Elizabeth(Katunguru), Mt. Elgon(Mbale) and Bwindi Mgahinga(Buhoma).
All applications should reach the address above by 26th March 2021 at 5.00 pm.
The Job Advert can be accessed from the UWA website below;
http://www.ugandawildlife.org and UWA notice boards.
Applicants are required to attach valid driving permits and copies of the required academic documents only i.e, (Certificates and Transcripts including O and A level).
Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not less than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.