Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THETA-Uganda is a not-for-profit Ugandan Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and company limited by guarantee. The Organization was founded as a research project in 1992 and registered as an NGO in 1995. THETA’s core mandate is to improve health and access to health care through promotion of collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems.
About Global Fund Project:
THETA Uganda has received this funding from the Global Fund through TASO for the West Nile Cluster to support activities that contribute to the strategic objectives under the Uganda Malaria Reduction Strategic Plan (UMRSP) 2021-2025. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an international partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden. The fund has been supporting Uganda since 2003 to fight the three diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria).
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Driver provides safe and reliable transportation for staff, visitors and materials, keeps Organizational and Project vehicle/s in good mechanical and functional condition, ensures compliance with all vehicle-related legal and institutional /management requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide safe, comfortable and reliable transportation for staff and partners/visitors including but not confined to airport pick-ups, travel within and outside Kampala, and all other locations as may be required by authorized staff on official business. This includes ensuring that safety belts are worn at all times, there is no smoking in the vehicle and that no alcohol is consumed before driving.
• To transport materials and supplies for the organisation to various destinations as required by authorized staff on business.
• To deliver mail and materials as well as any other written or verbal communication to and from locations designated by authorized staff.
• To keep the organization’s vehicles in good mechanical and functional condition including but not confined to regular fueling, servicing and cleaning of the interior and exterior.
• To perform regular preventive maintenance and minor repairs where possible.
• To notify the supervisor and management of any major car repairs necessary and to assist in arranging and overseeing/supervising such repairs.
• To ensure all required documentation for administrative use such as mileage, fuel usage and trip authorization tracking information is kept up to date at all times in prescribed ways.
• To ensure that all legal, institutional and municipal requirements and dues are met in good time and/or regularly renewed e.g. Third party and Comprehensive Insurance, Parking Fees, Registration and Licenses and others.
• To ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to protect the organizations’ vehicle from theft or damage e.g. by ensuring that it has adequate security and accident features such as alarms and “bull horns” among others.
• To run general organization errands and assume other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Management from time to time to ensure the sound functioning of the office and achievement of organizational or project goals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal applicant must hold a UCE Certificate
• Class B, CM and DL
• Knowledge of current traffic rules and regulations
• Basic knowledge of car operation and the associated mechanics
• Familiarity with the lay out and location of key facilities in Kampala and other major Ugandan towns.
• Physical ability and willingness to drive for long hours and occasionally on weekends and/or holidays.
• Ability to communicate competently and understand instructions in English and in common local language/s.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Ability to understand and adhere to company car policies and competently complete car-related documentation
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs together and they MUST not be more than 5 pages. They should apply online at the link below.
• All applicants must provide 3 professional referees who should be stated with clear phone and email contact details
• All applicants must be ready for immediate deployment for all positions.