Jobs at:Stromme Foundation (SF)
Deadline of this Job:
05 March 2021
Within Uganda , Uganda , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Stromme Foundation (SF) is a Norwegian international non-Governmental Organisation. From its Head Office in Kristiansand, Norway, SF works through a field structure comprising of Regional and Country Offices in East and West Africa, and Asia to implement projects in the areas of creating Employment and lob opportunities, promoting inclusive Education (IE) and strengthening the capacity of local communities. SF‘s field structure works closely with local partners in implementing projects and programmes.
Title: 2 Drivers (1 Kampala & 1 Moyo)
To ensure a high performing SFEA‘s in Kampala/Mayo Office with efficient and strong operational resources as key components of SFEA's business.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer Programme Officer, the driver will be responsible for driving authorised personnel, delivery, and collection services..
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel.
• Collects and delivers mail, and other communications from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions.
• Responsible for the day-today maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, batten}, brakes, tyres etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs to ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
• Logs all trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing etc.
• Ensures that in the event oi an accident, SFEA rules/ policies and traffic regulations are followed.
• An agent to the banks i.e, delivery of documents to the banks, withdrawal. and depositing cash from and to the Si accounts as instructed by the Finance team.
• Getting quotations from suppliers for the office requirements.
• Delivering of cheques to suppliers/service providers and getting the receipts.
• Carly out banking/financial and other office out-door messengerial duties.
• Packs material received for dispatch, affixes label, inserts material in envelopes and franks outgoing mail.
• Other office duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, relieving at the reception, handling of in-coming/outgoing telephone calls, screening of visitors, etc.
• Monitor and report in time, expiry of motor vehicle road license and third
• party insurance.
• The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
• The candidate must possess a certificate in defensive driving from an established driving school/firm.
• A minimum of ‘O’ level pass.
• A valid driving licence of at least class B.
• A certificate in defensive driving. –
• A minimum of 3 years‘ experience in a busy office especially in the NGO set up.
• Be fluent in English Language, written and oral and a good command of local language.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Cautious with defensive driving skills.
• Presentable with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be a person with initiative and high moral integrity.
• A good team player.
• Ready to work for long hours.
• Adherence to SFEA‘s values, which are: Justicn, Solidarity and Dignity.
• Experiences in mechanics and professional vehicle handling (repairs and simple maintenance) is a must.
• For driver in Kampala, experience of working with line managers with special needs required.
• Internationally recognized Accounting Quali?cation (CA, ACA, ClMA, CPA)
• Strong technical abilities and up to date knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Experience working with partner organisations and Concerted Capacity Building on Accountability and Compliance.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Experience in the preparation and review of management accounts and the ability to critically analyse a trial balance.
• Experience of managing donor funds and contracts.
• Experience in the preparation of year-end financial statements and managing annual external audits.
• Experience of leading and empowering staff.
• Previous experience of managing NORAD, DFID, EU or other government and Embassy funding and Foundations.
• Experience of undertaking risk assessments, internal audits and/or assessing internal controls.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Internal: Interacts frequently with all staff art or SFEA in field office in Moyo and Regional Office for SFEA in Kampala.
External: Liaises with service providers and various government bodies and non-governmental Organization in collaboration with the finance and Admin Assistant.
SF staff members shall be expected to be faithful to the founding values and guiding inspiration of SF and demonstrate consistent commitment to the organisation's ideals and vision. The position requires frequent travel to the field within the region. The position is placed in SF’s salary structure and will be compensated accordingly.
Send your application, Curriculum vitae, and Contacts of three referees by 5th March 2021 to;
Tile Regional Director. Stromme Foundation, Plot 1, Kololo Hill Drive, PO Box 27200 Kampala. Or send by email to: [email protected] with the subject line of which post you are applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.