Job Title: CIT Coordinator – Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
Organization: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Wave Mobile Money Profile:
Wave Mobile Money is building a cashless Africa – starting in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Uganda & now in Mali. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash. We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave.
The CIT Coordinator will effectively manage Cash Operation resources and procedures to ensure that the contractual obligations to customers are achieved cost effectively and that the Wave’s CIT procedures are applied throughout the operations. They will continually review and improve CIT operations and security and ensure strict SLA adherence with all cash operations with CIT firms and our agents.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Build and lead a skilled team capable of responding to the fast growing Wave environment – this role will manage at least 15 field liquidity staff.
- Develop necessary materials for a sustainable and structured liquidity department
- Be on top of the liquidity status nationwide and especially on the assigned region
- Develop relationships with our bank partners
- Identify priority areas and come up with innovative solutions to Wave’s liquidity needs
- Effective management of the agent rebalancing scheduled and and in coordinating the cash pick-up from the Banks
- Effectively manage deployment of employees to the bank to coordinate with the CIT firm.
- Coordinate all CIT firm’s operations to ensure adherence to SLAs at all time to avert any agent liquidity distress
- Adhere to all security standard requirements and procedures diligently and report any challenges proactively and promptly
- Work from first principles to understand the user’s biggest problems and then figure out how the processes and tools should work to solve those problems.
- Prioritise the biggest problems blocking the unit’s performance and impact.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time through your line manager
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting , Business Management or comparable field
- At least three years of experience in cash movements/cash-in-transit
- Strong proficiency in English and a local language
- Excel Proficiency
- Strong on integrity
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management
- Understand the liquidity challenge in a rapidly scaling agent network and the approaches to ensuring adequate liquidity.
- Have strong analytical skills
- Good at process documentation and effective at knowledge transfer
- Are adaptable and a creative thinker, and willing to iterate and fail quickly
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
- Great at upholding integrity
- Think about culture and process from the users’ perspective
- Have led a team whose role was to ensure the efficient day to day running of an agent network
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
How To Apply for Wave Mobile Money Jobs 2021
All candidates should fill out the online form, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role at the link below. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Closing Date: Open until filled