Unit Operations Head
Jobs at:Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kasese , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. [KCL) is a member of the Vol café group, the coffee division of ED&F Man. It is the oldest and one of the largest coffee exporters in Uganda and the first to become ISO 9001:2008 certified. We buy Arabica and Robusta in all coffee producing regions and export about 15% of Uganda's coffee production to over 30 consuming countries around the world. The company heavily invests in Uganda's coffee infrastructure and people. Our quality-oriented business strategy aims to lift the entire coffee sector and improve the quality perception of Ugandan Arabica and Robusta around the globe.
To ensure we can deliver on our service level to our global network, we are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join our team in the following positions.
Job Title: Unit Operations Head
Duty Station: Kasese
Reports To: General Manager
The Unit Operations Head will be responsible for implementing strong internal procedures and structures related to the flow and processing of our coffee throughout our processing operations. He/She will ensure adequate flow, processes and documentation are followed in the units, coordinate the team to conduct activities in the most efficient way in line with company design and protocols.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• He/She will work closely with all departments including Trade, Production, Quality, Logistics, Other Units and Finance.
• He/She will be responsible for planning the upcoming season closely with the General Manager to ensure all required processes and internal controls are in place ahead of time.
• The role will be responsible for reviewing and ensuring efficient and safe logistics are in place for the transportation of coffee within Rwenzori and from Rwenzori to the main processing mill.
• This role will be required to review and approve budgeted expenditure within the unit.
• During Season, the job holder will be required to report on a weekly basis to Management on activities across all sites in the unit such as incoming volumes, predicted volumes, quality etc.
• He/She will also be responsible for supporting the General Manager in all CAPEX preparations in the unit through to implementation.
• Longer term, the job holder will support in the development of practical tasks and systems across the organization to improve efficiencies and controls across the supply chain.
• Mobilizing Coffee, as the Unit Operations Head, you will ensure that Suppliers are offered top quality service when delivering Coffee to KCL.
• Supervision, responsible to constantly coordinate, supervise, train, and develop your team to ensure that they can work effectively, economically and with efficient performance.
• Ensure the products are processed as per the adequate design and flow daily and that records and yields are captured and recorded daily.
• Ensure that the washing station facilities are periodically checked, monitored, and maintained for effective performance.
• Ensure that accurate daily purchase & production reports are submitted to the relevant offices in time.
• He or she will ensure that all the factory machinery is maintained adequately and with strict controls to enable the coffee to flow freely through the machines and to minimize the risk of loss of life, loss of time and deterioration of the product.
• You will be required to remain abreast with advancements and new insights in coffee quality control by attending national coffee forums and interacting very closely with relevant coffee bodies.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications, Experiences and Competences
• Bachelor's degree level qualification within a relevant field of study.
• Experience in developing new internal structures and managing change across an organization. Experience in managing and implementing robust and practical internal controls and monitoring systems across the internal supply chain.
• Experience in managing budgets and cost control initiatives.
• Demonstrable work experience of logistics. warehouse operations & quality control: an ability to work across all these areas improving procedures, personnel capacity, taking full responsibility for outcomes for selected areas.
• Excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity to different attitudes and behaviors. Robust resilient character with the ability to work autonomously and confidently.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates should send their online application letters and updated CVs with three referees to [email protected] by 13th May 2022. Please note that due to the high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted and only online applications will be accepted.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and no fees should be paid at all for applying for any roles at Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion, or belief. ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected by local law.
We also take reasonable steps to accommodate applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.